Just started an antidepressant for the first time

Started by LilyITV, July 16, 2019, 04:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilyITV

I am on Day 6 of Zoloft.   I am to increase to 50mg on Thursday, but I am already starting to feel the positive effects.  My energy came back immediately.  Yesterday, I felt increased motivation.  Today, I am starting to feel good. 

Side effects have been quite tolerable--mild nausea, dizziness.  I haven't had headaches, but I feel like my brain is swelling.  I don't know what causes that sensation, but I like to think it is new brain cells being produced.

Now I realize, after 44 years, that I haven't really been living at all.  All this time, I've been depressed.  Life never had to be as hard as it has been.  I feel with the help of these drugs, I can kick this C-PTSD thing. 

Blueberry

Good to hear you're feeling positive with and about your antideps. I take a different type of antidep and I think they help me too.  :)

sanmagic7

that's great to hear.  sometimes we actually can live better thru chemistry.  good for you for giving this a shot.  sending love and a  :hug:

DingDingCrunch

I had no idea I was depressed, either! It's crazy how things can just slide over time, and then you can't remember where you started. I hope that all is well and that it continued to help.