baby steps (I'm trying)

• 48 Replies

sunflower38

• View Profile
Re: baby steps (I'm trying)
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2019, 08:18:48 PM »
August 15 ~~~

Had an EF yesterday night that lasted for 7 hours. It kept me up until 5 in the morning and at that point I was so exhausted I was able to sleep for a couple hours. Today has been a lot of ups and downs. I was able to go outside today to do some exercise and even went to a museum. On my drive home I started dissociating really badly and feeling panicky but then a mantra popped in my head. I kept repeating it in my head over and over, and eventually those feelings went away and I felt pretty present in the moment. I haven't felt this in a long time. It's baffling how something so simple could make my EF symptoms go away. I really hope it stays this way tonight, I really need sleep. Hopefully my therapist will help me tomorrow. :Idunno:

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
 :hug: I hope you are able to rest as well. One moment at a time.  Baby steps. :hug:

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »
those EF's are gritches, for sure.  i'm so glad for you that you were able to grab hold of that mantra to help you get back to ground.  well done!   :thumbup:

you are making progress - all those baby steps are helping.  hope your session goes well tomorrow.  love and hugs, my dear.

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2019, 05:06:24 AM »
EFs are horrid. I'm glad you were able to recognise it for what at was, and also that the mantra was so helpful.  :hug:

I hope you had a good night's sleep.