working on getting a new job

• 3 Replies

notalone

• View Profile
working on getting a new job
« on: July 20, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »
There are some things about my current part time job that are stressful because of my c-PTSD. Other things are frustrating and would be a reason to leave even if I didn't have that complication. I've been looking into getting a new job for awhile. The last two weeks, I have applied and then gone through numerous hoops to get this position.  :stars: It has been discouraging and overwhelming. Just finished another hoop.  :cheer: I know someone who has done this job for a few years and really likes it. She has been helping me through this process. If I didn't know her and that she was happy doing this job, I would have quit trying. So far a lot of time and no money. I will keep my old position until I know this new one is going to work for me, so for awhile I'll have two part-time jobs.  :fallingbricks:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: working on getting a new job
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
 two p/t jobs, one not yet with pay? Sounds stressful though I understand why you're doing it. Just want to wish you Good luck with it all.  :hug:

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:21:35 PM »
Good luck notalone. I hope it works out for you.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep your fingers crossed for me too...  U think I have another interview coming up sometime this week for the job I want.  Missed the email on Thursday cause I was on vacation :'( though.  So probably won't hear what day and when till Monday. :Idunno:.

Change is scary and exciting and overwhelming. :aaauuugh:

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »
Thank you, Blueberry and Tee. I am trying to take one step at a time with the new job and not worry about the future. Tee, best wishes to you. Keep us informed.