working on getting a new job

Started by Not Alone, July 20, 2019, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

There are some things about my current part time job that are stressful because of my c-PTSD. Other things are frustrating and would be a reason to leave even if I didn't have that complication. I've been looking into getting a new job for awhile. The last two weeks, I have applied and then gone through numerous hoops to get this position.  :stars: It has been discouraging and overwhelming. Just finished another hoop.  :cheer: I know someone who has done this job for a few years and really likes it. She has been helping me through this process. If I didn't know her and that she was happy doing this job, I would have quit trying. So far a lot of time and no money. I will keep my old position until I know this new one is going to work for me, so for awhile I'll have two part-time jobs.  :fallingbricks:

Blueberry

two p/t jobs, one not yet with pay? Sounds stressful though I understand why you're doing it. Just want to wish you Good luck with it all.  :hug:

Tee

Good luck notalone. I hope it works out for you.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep your fingers crossed for me too...  U think I have another interview coming up sometime this week for the job I want.  Missed the email on Thursday cause I was on vacation :'( though.  So probably won't hear what day and when till Monday. :Idunno:.

Change is scary and exciting and overwhelming. :aaauuugh:

Not Alone

Thank you, Blueberry and Tee. I am trying to take one step at a time with the new job and not worry about the future. Tee, best wishes to you. Keep us informed.

Not Alone

I still have my old job. The new job, so far, is time and no money. I am not going to invest any more time into it, unless there is a financial reason to invest. I was dressed and ready for work today (old job) when I received a text message that client cancelled. I asked if I would still get paid. No. I used my free hours to update my resume. I won't actively pursue anything until after vacation in September. I have to work to pay for therapy.  :doh: I am only mildly frustrated right now. I think taking the active step of updating my resume helps. I can continue with my old job so I won't have the pressure of needing to find something right away.

Leaving for lunch date with friends. Not nice not getting paid for these hours, but making good use of the time.

Kizzie

FWIW I think you handled this well Notalone  :thumbup:   

Hope lunch out with your friends was lovely  :)

Jazzy

Just wanted to point out it is great that you only got mildly frustrated, and were productive with the time. Good job! I hope the new job works out for you. Take care! :)

Snowdrop

That's really level-headed. Impressed.

Not Alone

Kizzie, Jazzy, Snowdrop: thank you for the words of encouragement. To be able to act in a way that is helpful and not just feel overwhelmed and hide is an achievement.

Lunch with friends was great time of sharing and of laughter.

Not Alone

It has been an extremely stressful week, trying to get the new job going.  :fallingbricks: Won't go into all the details but my stomach continues to be in knots. Not sure if the new job will work out. I'm going to stick it out until the end of October and then evaluate. I still have my old job, because I'm not making enough money at the new one and until I do and I know it will work out, I'm not going to give notice.

Jazzy

Sounds like a good plan. Stay strong! :)