slowing down

Started by Not Alone, July 20, 2019, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I haven't been on OOTS for over a week and hope to catch up a bit today. I have missed all of you.  :grouphug:

During my last plunge into crazy-land (EF), my therapist sent me an email telling me to slow down. That is what I have been working on the last couple of weeks. I made a chart of the tools he has given me and am being intentional about practicing those tools. (I wanted to tell more details, but part of me does not want things disclosed, so I deleted.) I pay for my sessions out of pocket  :aaauuugh: so because of that and MANY other reasons, it's difficult to just be getting my toes wet in a session (going slowly), instead of diving into the deep end. I do see the wisdom it going slowly from what my T has said and also what I have heard from some of you. (Grateful for your experience and advise.)

Blueberry

Yes, I had the impression I hadn't seen you around for a while.  :cheer: on managing to slow down and on using the tools.

Tee

:hug: missed you notalone. Hope things are going well. :grouphug:

Three Roses

Good for you! It can be hard to slow down but imo moving at your own pace is best, so bravo! (and, nice to see you again.)

Not Alone

Thanks, Blueberry, Tee, & Three Roses.