Ghost Image

Started by RiverRabbit, July 26, 2019, 06:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRabbit

He is the weary journeyer, leaving bits of pain with those encountered along the way… the ones who will hear, at least…

… and the journey has been too long to get here… where the mind and heart have broken from those bonds.  Has too much been passed by in the haste of a panicked life? 

The years ahead are now shorter… so much shorter, than the years left behind.  Those years, where struggling under the weight of those bonds decayed hope… the pillars have held, but they are so much weaker… so much more brittle and porous… hollow...

… and yet, a core pillar has held fast… and he has stepped into the light… that stranger in the mirror.

… and there is strength in knowing that his journey forward, though truncated, will be less hollow... and significantly less shallow.

And I will become his ghostly image...

- RiverRabbit

RiverRabbit

Putting this up before I talk myself out of it.

:Idunno:

Tee

Three Roses

Thank you, River Rabbit, it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. I identified strongly with it.  :hug:

Kizzie

woodsgnome

RiverRabbit wrote: "a core pillar has held fast... and he has stepped into the light... that stranger in the mirror.

The pillar that has stood, the image in the mirror is YOU, River Rabbit; your core essence casting its light and revealing that inner strength which has supported you, and will into the future.

Thank you for this inspiration.  :hug:

Rainstorm11

Very good images and remarkable words.

RiverRabbit

Thanks for reading my prose.  It helps to put this stuff up, and have you identify with it... helps me feel less isolated, somehow.

WoodsGnome,
Yes, the pillar that held fast is me... sort of.

It is my inner self that has been held down by abuse, from several sources, and a NPD mother.  I am discovering who this is... who I am.  And, recently, I am letting him dominate, or "run the show", as it were... but, I still don't know him very well.

So, am fading my "established self" back and bringing him forward, if that makes sense... or, to put it another way, I am becoming a reflection of who he always was, but was never allow to be.

-RR

woodsgnome

RiverRabbit said:

"So, am fading my "established self" back and bringing him forward, if that makes sense... or, to put it another way, I am becoming a reflection of who he always was, but was never allow to be."

Precisely!

:yeahthat:

:thumbup:   :cheer:   :applause: