The Healing Porch - Part 6

• 46 Replies

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
Re: The Healing Porch - Part 6
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »
I needed to wander out here today -- as I was desperate for the peace that only exists here -- yet seems more real. Then I spotted something special going on  ... a 'little one' called Sunflower38 was frolicking aside the beach and feeling so content, totally being her happy self, like she hasn't been allowed to in so long. I hope her grown-up will be comforted in knowing she's had this carefree time.

So I found a stick and wrote some messages in the sand in a spot where I hope she sees them:

for Sunflower:
      :hug:   :woohoo:   :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:  :cloud9:

Then I left this note:
    Sunflower, or anyone who wants, I'm chopping wood for a shoreside campfire tonight. Please stop by; but only if you feel so inclined ... there's a tea caddy, cups and the like already on hand.

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 04:39:05 PM »
Sounds great Woodsgnome! I'll be dropping by. Thanks for the preparation you're doing, e.g. chopping wood. I'm not sure I'd have the energy tonight.

sunflower38

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »
Thank you so much for the messages, little sunflower really appreciates them :hug:

A campfire sounds wonderful, I think we will join with some blankets and snacks :)

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »
 :yeahthat:

Something I forgot ... there's a canoe (with a sail that can be rigged above it for large waters) and paddles sitting under the porch for anyone to use anytime. If in doubt, I also created a how-to video covering canoe basics.

What about life jackets? Isn't that what this whole place is -- one giant lifejacket!

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 12:29:08 AM »
A campfire? 🔥 I've got stuff to make s'mores!

sunflower38

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 01:18:39 AM »
Símores sound great!! ❤️

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 01:38:28 AM »
I'll just sit by the fire.

sunflower38

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
Sunday has always been my cleaning day and I think the house needs a little cleaning, too. I think I'll spend the day sweeping, mopping, dusting, and whatever else needs done. :hoovering: Maybe later I'll open all the windows to let fresh air in, and drink some tea on the porch while the sun sets.

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2019, 03:33:42 PM »
I'll give you a hand with the cleaning if that's OK  :hoovering:

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 05:56:33 PM »
Looking forward to the fire and seeing the stars and being with all you lovely, special people.

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »
I couldn't sleep last night, so I came to the campfire. Several of you were there already, chatting quietly. I listened to the sound of your voices, although not really hearing, just letting the sound of the waves and your words be a lullaby to my ears. I watched as more and more stars showed themselves in the sky. I grew more tired and one of you allowed me to lie down and rest my head in your lap. Peace and safety.
E (seven-years-old)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 05:54:29 PM »
Saw you there Notalone  :grouphug:  Tks for inviting me to join you around the fire Three Roses I really needed to feel the connection and care.   :hug: 

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 02:41:27 AM »
*hands Kizzie a s'more*

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 02:55:31 AM »
E you can rest on my lap anytime.  Needing some time around the fire tonight. :hug:

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
this sounds so lovely.  hoping there will be another fire tonite - well, yes there will be.  this place is magic.  i love fires on the beach.  going to the cabin just a few paces away on a lake, going to do some fishing at dusk.  there's room in the boat for anyone wanting to join.  the forest is getting ready for fall, a few leaves are already on the ground, and a fire in the fireplace. 

i'm bringing some cranberry bread to munch on, and fresh blackberries for snacks.  looking forward to some peace today and this evening.  i haven't been here for a while.  glad to be back.