The Healing Porch - Part 6

Started by Kizzie, July 26, 2019, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

The healing porch thread was started back in 2017 (https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=6910.0):

QuoteI would like to make this the official home of the healing porch.

This is an idea several of us have come up with and want to maintain.

What we already know about the healing porch - first, it is imaginary. But, based on some real facts. It resembles the photo in my profile picture (an actual house I wish I could buy... ahh, if wishes were houses, I'd own it today).

Second, the porch wraps all the way around the house. Those who enjoy sun can sit in the un-roofed section, those who don't so much can even enjoy the screened in section. There are chairs, tables, swings, sofas, easy chairs.

Third, there is a beach and ocean just off the one side of the house. This ocean has crystal blue water, the sand never gets too hot to walk on.

Off another side of the porch is a middle/large concrete area for chalk expression and art. Hopscotch is popular over here.

Forest and lawn are represented off the other two porch sides. This is a magical healing porch, so it can shift as is needed for your healing time with us.

We have board games, bug lights, blankets of healing, peace, comfort, acceptance, rest and many other necessary emotions. They are scattered about the porch and you are welcome to wrap yourself in whichever blank you need. Fear not, this is a magical porch - if everyone needs acceptance, there will be enough to go around.

Refreshing beverages are always available - sorry, folks - one thing I feel strongly about, no alcohol. It blocks healing. Otherwise, all drinks are just waiting, cold or hot as is best for that beverage.

Snacks and light meals are also all around - fruit bowls, vegetable trays. Any vegan can be as well fed as the omnivores (including me) on this porch. If food is part of your challenge, there will always be a 'food-free' side to remove that as an issue during your time on the healing porch.

We've just had the suggestion that my puppies join us on the porch. I think it's a wonderful idea. In fact, if anyone has a pet, please bring it! We have shelving to hold aquariums, window jambs that would hold 20 pound cats, places for puppies to run and fetch, and whatever your pet wants or needs. Because this is a magical porch, messes clean themselves and no pet would DREAM of harming another pet.

All suggestions are welcome!! This is a place for all of us. It started as a mental image to help some of us remember to relax, breathe and enjoy each others' support. It's a great place to get acquainted with your inner child - everyone is safe here. There are games and friends to play them with. There are journals that nobody would ever dream of reading. There are phones and friends waiting on the other end to hear from you.

It is a place of healing. And community (I hear hopscotch is THE game this summer). Welcome.

Each part runs for 5 pages and then it's locked and a new part is started so it's easier to load and read.

Snowdrop

Cup of tea, anyone? <fills kettle>

Three Roses

I'll take one, my fav is cinnamon apple.

Then I'm going to park myself on a sand dune by the ocean with a book, and maybe just lie in the sun for a bit.

Snowdrop

sunflower38

I'll have one, green tea sounds really good today. I have a puzzle half done and I'll think I'll get cozy on the living room floor and finish it :)

Snowdrop

One green tea ☕️

I'm in a rocking chair, listening to the sounds of the ocean.

Tee

Can I help with puzzle? Don't want to be alone this evening.

Bach

Is there a corner there for Little B?  She'd like to sit on the porch and blow some bubbles.

Three Roses

Tee - you can come here any time, I'm always do a puzzle with you or whatever. Maybe color or something.

Little B - there's a few bubble-blowing supplies in a basket here at the Porch, a few wands that make weird shaped bubbles and some special soap that makes HUGE bubbles!

Human

I´d like a green tea peach mix, please.

And I´d love to help with that puzzle! I´ll bring my own too. It only has 16 pieces, but the picture is beautiful.

And later on, just before the sun goes down, I´d like to sit by the forest and watch the leaves move in the wind. You can join me if you´d like. There are wind chimes and hummingbird feeders and little baby squirrels.

Not Alone

I was doing an online meditation this morning and she said to picture a safe place. The healing porch popped into my head! There is a really big doll house with cool furniture. (No dolls, but someone can bring them if they want.) You can add wallpaper (even design it yourself), add objects, etc.

Little B, I see your bubbles and I love them!

sunflower38

There's a lot of pretty puzzles being put together here! It's a nice and cozy night. I'm listening to the sounds of nature on a summer night outside, they're very calming <3

Tee

I'll bring my little dollhouse my grandpa made me and my little dolls from I was a kid. I can share.   :hug:

Three Roses

Today I'm in my treehouse listening to music and drawing. Every once in a while a raven I've made friends with pokes her beak into my open window to check on me. Someone's dog is curled at my feet, napping. She twitches happily in her sleep, running freely in her dreams. It's a little cool this morning so I've got a tiny fire in my little pot bellied wood stove. It's peaceful and cozy and I'm alone, enjoying the solitude. The trees know I need to be shielded from people and they've covered the view into my windows with their branches.

Later I'll come down, after I feel more sociable, and make a bonfire on the beach. I'll watch the stars and the moon and feel renewed. I set up some extra chairs & blankets, and welcome company then.

sunflower38

I think little sunflower wants to spend some time on the beach today. It's sunny but she'll never get a sunburn, and the sand is perfect for making sandcastles. There are beautiful seashells wherever she can find them. I think I'll set up a cozy blanket and umbrella next to her and read a book. She really needs some playtime in a safe environment, running around on the beach all day will hopefully make her happy.