The Healing Porch - Part 6

Started by Kizzie, July 26, 2019, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsgnome

I needed to wander out here today -- as I was desperate for the peace that only exists here -- yet seems more real. Then I spotted something special going on  ... a 'little one' called Sunflower38 was frolicking aside the beach and feeling so content, totally being her happy self, like she hasn't been allowed to in so long. I hope her grown-up will be comforted in knowing she's had this carefree time.

So I found a stick and wrote some messages in the sand in a spot where I hope she sees them:

for Sunflower:
      :hug:   :woohoo:   :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:  :cloud9:

Then I left this note:
    Sunflower, or anyone who wants, I'm chopping wood for a shoreside campfire tonight. Please stop by; but only if you feel so inclined ... there's a tea caddy, cups and the like already on hand.

Blueberry

Sounds great Woodsgnome! I'll be dropping by. Thanks for the preparation you're doing, e.g. chopping wood. I'm not sure I'd have the energy tonight.

sunflower38

Thank you so much for the messages, little sunflower really appreciates them :hug:

A campfire sounds wonderful, I think we will join with some blankets and snacks :)

woodsgnome

:yeahthat:

Something I forgot ... there's a canoe (with a sail that can be rigged above it for large waters) and paddles sitting under the porch for anyone to use anytime. If in doubt, I also created a how-to video covering canoe basics.

What about life jackets? Isn't that what this whole place is -- one giant lifejacket!

Three Roses

A campfire? 🔥 I've got stuff to make s'mores!

sunflower38

Tee

sunflower38

Sunday has always been my cleaning day and I think the house needs a little cleaning, too. I think I'll spend the day sweeping, mopping, dusting, and whatever else needs done. :hoovering: Maybe later I'll open all the windows to let fresh air in, and drink some tea on the porch while the sun sets.

Snowdrop

I'll give you a hand with the cleaning if that's OK  :hoovering:

Not Alone

Looking forward to the fire and seeing the stars and being with all you lovely, special people.

Not Alone

I couldn't sleep last night, so I came to the campfire. Several of you were there already, chatting quietly. I listened to the sound of your voices, although not really hearing, just letting the sound of the waves and your words be a lullaby to my ears. I watched as more and more stars showed themselves in the sky. I grew more tired and one of you allowed me to lie down and rest my head in your lap. Peace and safety.
E (seven-years-old)

Kizzie

Saw you there Notalone  :grouphug:  Tks for inviting me to join you around the fire Three Roses I really needed to feel the connection and care.   :hug: 

Three Roses

Tee

E you can rest on my lap anytime.  Needing some time around the fire tonight. :hug:

sanmagic7

this sounds so lovely.  hoping there will be another fire tonite - well, yes there will be.  this place is magic.  i love fires on the beach.  going to the cabin just a few paces away on a lake, going to do some fishing at dusk.  there's room in the boat for anyone wanting to join.  the forest is getting ready for fall, a few leaves are already on the ground, and a fire in the fireplace. 

i'm bringing some cranberry bread to munch on, and fresh blackberries for snacks.  looking forward to some peace today and this evening.  i haven't been here for a while.  glad to be back.