The Healing Porch - Part 6

Started by Kizzie, July 26, 2019, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

Coming to sit with friends and try to find some calm this evening.

Elphanigh

Blueberry, that made me smile sooooooo big. Thank you :bighug:  I think it is what we are striving for and I have gotten lucky to have it. Working on my Masters, not actively being in trauma therapy, and not having many triggers actively occurring in my life. I have worked really hard to get to this and am trying to enjoy every second of it. I know I will need to do more work on my trauma one day, but for now this is the stage in my life I am trying to just fully experience.

Thank you for that perspective sooo much  :hug:

mourningme

Doesn't look like anyone has been here for awhile. I haven't been around in a while...
Find myself thinking of this porch so thought I would come.  Even if noone is here I'm still happy to be in this place.

woodsgnome

So I had a rather rough patch of leftover emotional grief that haunted me last night. It set me to wandering out here and letting the good vibes of this place wash over my senses.

Alas, now it's time to leave the porch, but not before I consider the new BA degree I've earned, via following a curriculum of grief over so many things that I'll never have (especially love).

New BA degree? Okay -- the old one stands for Bitter Abandonment. Served its time, now to be swapped out for a new one called Begin Again.

Before I leave, one more round of warming by the fire; as into the flames, I toss my old BA degree.

Soon I'll trek on, leaving with a renewed sense of healing.

Blueberry

Snowdrop

Watches the flames. Well done, woodsgnome.

Three Roses

🔥🔥🔥 to the old! I searched my tablet for a frame for your new BA degree but couldn't find one, so you will just have to imagine one! You're awesome (and loved here).

Blueberry

In previous years I think we've had a Christmas / Yuletide / Winter celebration on the Healing Porch. For those of you who don't know the Healing Porch, it's a magic place. At one end of it, it can be snowing, while the rest of it is deliciously warm and cosy. Those who can't stand Christmas carols won't hear them even if there's a little group of us standing singing them. Our favourite wild animals and/or our pets might be present but they would never dream of attacking each other or us, for that matter.

There's a beach close by and there's often a fire on it tended by one of our mbrs. There's a tree-house on the lawn beside the porch. There can be any other healing thing or presence or activity anybody imagines. Feel free to drop by and add your description to how you find the porch and what you see, feel, hear, sense.

woodsgnome

:yeahthat:

The Healing Porch is that wonderful refuge we've always treasured but were scared we'd never find. Thanks for the reminder, Blueberry.

After my last time there, I took some time to chop some wood for those coming along; there's also a smaller pile for kindling. Feel free to light and gather by the warmth. Places like this are truly healing and "out of the storm".

Boatsetsailrose

What a lovely lovely healing porch..
I'm setting up a little art circle.. It has a candle in the middle with some woodland finds and wooden animal totems..
Doodling, painting and creating can happen or just come and hang out with love

sanmagic7

it's new year's eve, and i'm here, in the cabin with a roaring fire. i can sit in my rocking chair, a lovely alice throw over me, hot chocolate by my side.  i can see everyone who's elsewhere here and enjoy watching them do or be.  anyone is welcome to join me as well. i'll be watching fireworks over the water at midnite, but they make no sound to anyone who's sensitive.  fireworks make me smile.   :fireworks:

i'm still struggling, feeling sad and lonely just now.  so many people and places gone, but i feel warm and welcome here.  there's a new year ahead and i also feel hopeful that something's about to change . . .

Not Alone

San, this is Hope. I am five. I would like to sit by you if it is okay. My friend bought me a new doll and you may hold her, if it will make you feel any better.

sanmagic7

hi hope,

thanks so much for the company.  i'd love to share your doll and some space on my rocker - it's a big one so there's plenty of room.  we can enjoy some cocoa and a warm fire together, ok?  i'd like that.  and your new doll, too.  does it have a name?

Not Alone

juliaguarde

I have needed this for so long, though I did not know it.  Being new, I went exploring and I found this porch just tonight, good timing.  I'm not ready to be noticed just yet, so I go for a walk in the forest.
I pause to take in the beauty.  Watching the dark sky, the moon, smelling the rich earth, feeling the powerful trees pulsing  around me, I feel safe.  Listening to the murmurs from the direction of the porch, I know that I am not alone.  I am grateful.