Neglect *****Trigger Warning**

Started by Rainstorm11, July 29, 2019, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainstorm11

This post contains parentification, examples of neglect and strong images

My foo won't discuss it anymore even my sibling who I could count on.
Neglect started young with not having essentials, dirty clothes we had to wear, eating ruined or moldy food. The emotional aspect was always neglected. My father was an absent tyrant. Mom was cold. At 15 mom left and I chose to run the household and raise my sibling because no one else stepped up. At least we had good food because I shopped cleaned and cooked. We had moved from our condemned trailor by then although that place still gives me nightmares. I gave up a lot. I feel bad when they foo invalidate my feelings and lie about how we were treated. I am trying to stop looking for validation like my psychiatrist said. But it's hard to do.

Tee

:hug: you're not alone. Thanks for sharing

Three Roses

Although I'm by no means a professional, I'm confused why a psychiatrist would tell you to stop looking for validation. Maybe I'm missing something here. :Idunno:

Maya Angelou said,
QuoteThere is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

So it's important, I think, to tell your story in a way that you feel you've been heard. Imo it's not that we are seeking validation so much as we just want to be seen, and be known - to not feel like something different than human...it's difficult to bear this pain without the ability to have someone else understand what you're going thru, what you've been thru.

Keep reaching out here, we care about you.  :yes:

Not Alone

The neglect you suffered was profound. It makes me feel really sad.

Rainstorm11

I like my psychiatrist meant stop trying to get my foo to validate my experiences?

Three Roses

Oh, yeah... don't hear about to many FOOs being validating, do we?

Keep posting here, this is the only place I've found where people get it and can offer validation.  :hug: