My Birthday

• 20 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My Birthday
« on: July 31, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »
So my birthday is on Fri (Aug 2) and I was doing fine until my NPDM emailed with a laundry list of who is coming to celebrate her 90th and what they will be doing. It's just short of a marching band and fly over as befits a 90 yr old who has NPD.  (Her birthday is on the 3rd so it's another loss to NPD b/c mine was spent worrying about whether I would please her on hers.)

Anyway, my H is away on business right now and after I read her email I had this profound sense of loneliness, loss, anger and grief  - there it was again, the naked truth and pain a/b living with a parent who has NPD.

I talked about it by phone with my H who is so supportive (and equally po'd after years of loss due to her disorder), and decided to talk about it here because I know that is what I need to do to continue to recover.  This feeling would have knocked me to my knees emotionally and caused me to dissociate in the past to keep from feeling, but it hasn't and that is progress.

notalone

• View Profile
Re: My Birthday
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »
Hearing your pain of loneliness, loss, anger and grief. Sending a caring hug. My birthday "gift" to you is a t-shirt that says, "I am IMPORTANT!"

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 04:58:42 PM »
 :hug:
Hearing your pain of loneliness, loss, anger and grief. Sending A caring hug.
:yeahthat:
Hope you can do something to make your day special. Happy birthday! :cake: :phoot:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 02:24:53 PM »
Standing with you in your pain and feelings of loneliness  :hug: I hope you feel a little better tomorrow.

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 05:11:47 PM »
I wish you the happiest of birthdays! Let the celebration of Kizzie commence! 😁 There will be poems read in your honor, and tearful speeches given by every last forum member whose life has been immeasurably enriched because of this forum, your forum, your gift to the hurting.

There will be cake, too, magical virtual cake that has no attachment to food/eating disorders; healthy, soul-nourishing cake!

The love in the air will be palpable. Strangers, friends, those who've only lurked in the shadows but have nonetheless received healing from the Forum, newcomers, oldtimers, everyone who's ever been touched by your work here will rise and applaud you, dear Kizzie.

We see you.  :hug:

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 06:01:20 PM »
I wish you the happiest of birthdays! Let the celebration of Kizzie commence! 😁 There will be poems read in your honor, and tearful speeches given by every last forum member whose life has been immeasurably enriched because of this forum, your forum, your gift to the hurting.

There will be cake, too, magical virtual cake that has no attachment to food/eating disorders; healthy, soul-nourishing cake!

The love in the air will be palpable. Strangers, friends, those who've only lurked in the shadows but have nonetheless received healing from the Forum, newcomers, oldtimers, everyone who's ever been touched by your work here will rise and applaud you, dear Kizzie.

:yeahthat: :yourock: :grouphug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
Awww tks everyone, I do feel better and that's b/c you get it and have sent care and support.  Nothing like a :grouphug:  to defuel tough feelings  :yes: 

My H will be home tonight so at least I won't be alone tomorrow and we are going away overnight on Sat so that will help. 

Looking forward to having some of that magical soul nourishing cake TR!  :hug:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 09:18:06 AM »
Happy Birthday, Kizzie!    :cake:          :phoot:             :party:           

:bighug:       :grouphug:

:fireworks:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:20:12 AM by Blueberry »

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 09:21:18 AM »
Happy Birthday!  :phoot:

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
For your birthday ...  :sunny: ... thanks for being so attentive to this site and forum  :bighug:

Bach

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »

Iíll definitely come to that party! Happy Birthday, Kizzie :cake: :phoot: :party: :yourock:

My NMomís birthday is the day after mine, too, and I never realised until two years ago the role that plays in my hatred for my birthday.

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 12:44:06 PM »
Sending you a heartfelt hug, if that's ok, on your BIrthday. :bighug:

Whatever happens today, I wish you nothing but the best, and I hope that you know how much you are valued and loved here. 

:yourock: :party:

Hope  :)

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
Happy birthday Kizzie :cake: :phoot: :party: :waveline: :woohoo: I hope you have a great day with your H.  We are all here celebrating you! :bighug: :yourock:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
Wahoo, this is quite the party - thank you all!   :cloud9: 

PS - I got another email from my M outlining all that was going on already in honour of her 90th (insensitive much?), and while it did bother me, it didn't lay waste to my Inner Child like it would have in the past. A large part of that is having a 'trauma tribe' like all of you.  :grouphug: 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:06:07 PM by Kizzie »

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2019, 06:12:16 PM »
Happy Birthday, Kizzie!  :party:     :cake:       :fireworks: