Growing Up Again- Adolescent and Older Adult Affirmations

Started by BeHea1thy, August 01, 2019, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeHea1thy

From Growing Up Again-Chapter 25 Ages and Stages Jean Illsley Clarke & Connie Dawson

Stage 6, Identity, Sexuality and Separation (from twelve to nineteen years)
Tasks in this stage focus on identity, separation, sexuality and increased competence.

You can know who you are and learn and practice skills for independence.
You can learn the difference between sex and nurturing and be responsible for your needs, feelings and behaviors.
You can develop your own interests, relationships and causes.
You can learn to use old skills in new ways.
You can grow in your maleness or femaleness and still be dependent at times.
I look forward to knowing you as an adult.
My love is always with you. I trust you to ask for my support.

Stage 8, Integration (towards death) This stage follows the Adult Affirmations entered as a separate post in the Books and Article section
Tasks of this stage call for the integration of the past with the present and preparation for the future.

You can grow your whole life through.
You can look upon the process of dying as a natural transition.
You can make your preparations for leaving and die when you are ready.
You can celebrate the gifts you have received and the gifts you have given.
You deserve the support that you need.
You can share your wisdom in your own way.
You are lovable just the way you are.

woodsgnome

For the usual forest of reasons, I've had difficulty feeling truly connected with what feels like an actual inner child being, beyond the metaphorical anyway.

These sets of affirmations, though, have helped in opening the door a bit more for me (as both child and adult) to want to nudge further out :spooked:. In a way, these are so simple, yet complex if one started out in an abusive environment that nurtured more mistrust (of everything) than validation of what one's inner being senses can be different.

Between my heart's opening up and other changes in perspective, it's like rediscovering a whole new world.

Thanks for helping via sharing these insights, BeHea!thy.
:hug: