Letter to my fear

Started by Elphanigh, August 01, 2019, 07:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Brackground for this: I have done a lot of inner child/ego state/ IFS like work so this is a very well ingrained thing for me. The fear I am writing to is more the part of my mind and person that holds a great deal of my fear from my life. I have been in touch with different parts but Fear is a new one for me, I felt I needed to write to her some as I have the others when I needed to.

Dear Fear,

Thank you for keeping me safe all of those years, I needed you to hold all of these difficult emotions and you did it beautifully. It let me save so many people including myself. I am alive because you were able to hold so much for me.

I am sorry it has taken me so much time to help you heal. I did not mean to neglect you, but I was not ready yet to hold those emotions for you. I can do that now though. We are safe in the life I am building, and I can hold onto those feelings so that you no longer have to be alone it it. Fear will no longer overwhelm me, or cause me to drown in a sea of darkness. I am out of that darkness now so we can look at the fear together and give it all of the healing light it needs. It will take time but I promise those feelings of terror, uncertainty, and lack of control don't have to rule us while we are processing it. We have things like safety, hope, joy, confidence, and compassion now.

I know those memories that we have are really scary, but they are no more. I promise that we are no longer near the people that hurt us. That if we were I am louder and strong enough to do everything I need to protect us. It was not in our power back then, but we have so much power now. We are going on to help other people find their power too, I can't wait to show you that.

I promise we are in this together, that I won't leave you to those emotions by yourself again. You never should have had to carry them, but I am so grateful that you did.

Love,
Elpha  :hug:

Not Alone

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Tee

woodsgnome

Beautiful and powerful, Elpha ... thanks so much.  :hug: I think it speaks well for all of us as we tackle the old, and new, fears that at first frighten, mixed up as they were with all the pain.

As you noted, "We have things like safety, hope, joy, confidence, and compassion now." Those words come easy, but behind each quality lies lots of painstaking work to find your way forward again. Thanks again for vividly sharing this part of your path and acknowledging the other side of fear, too.

Elphanigh

Always glad to share here, and am grateful there is a place I can put this kind of stuff down in words.

Woodgnome, you are so right when you say behind those words is a lot of painstaking work. It takes so much time to cultivate those. This has been an interesting side of fear to see. I always remember it being bad, or dangerous to be afraid so seeing fear in this new light is really nice. Something to be embraced and healed rather than tossed aside and ignored.

SharpAndBlunt

Hi Elphanigh,

I think it's really awesome to see fear that way ;D

Thank you for sharing your letter, such a positive heartening thing to read. I also second what woodsgnome said about the hard work you must have done to reach this point.

Thank you!

Three Roses

Thanks for this post.  :hug:

You are an eloquent, compassionate, wise soul. You're going to do wonderful, valuable things for people, to help them find their way, just as you have found and are finding your own.  :hug:

Elphanigh

SharpandBlunt, it is great to see fear this way for me too. After I got past the initial trigger and into the point where I could write this, it felt kind of like a lightbulb for me. I had never looked at it this way before. It does seem like a new layer of peace is forming with some parts of my journey that I wasn't never sure would have any form of peace.

Three Roses  :hug: :hug: , thank you always for your kind words. They mean the world to me. I am not certain I would ever call myself eloquent  :Idunno: It was amazing to read though. I am grateful you have faith for what I am going on to do, if I can help even a few people find there way I will have done something worth while. I start classes three weeks from tomorrow, then I will have my first set of clients (kinda) in January. It is really exciting to know I get to start down this journey soon

SharpAndBlunt

Quote from: Elphanigh on August 04, 2019, 11:27:43 AM
... It does seem like a new layer of peace is forming with some parts of my journey that I wasn't never sure would have any form of peace.

Elphanigh, that is fantastic, and very heartening. Exciting to hear you are starting another phase of your journey in January  :cheer:

Elphanigh

Thanks! I feel like with the start of classes in a few weeks I am starting the new journey, January just kicks it into high gear.