Snowdrop's journal

Started by Snowdrop, August 03, 2019, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

what a great image, all those children working together to make that ship sail!  brilliant!  as soon as i read it, it resonated deep inside me, for some reason.  it was a very profound feeling - exactly like a soul being touched in a meaningful way.  also feels a little odd, but i can tell you that it did mean something.

thanks for sharing, snowdrop.  i'm smiling now.  love and hugs  sweetie. :hug:

Not Alone

Quote from: Snowdrop on April 15, 2020, 07:32:14 AM
I started off in a bookshop, and when I said I was looking for the story, I was directed to the children's section on the ground floor. When I entered this area of the shop, I found myself on a ship sailing on the ocean with big white sails. It was manned by a crew of children of different ages - my parts. It was night, and the sea was a bit choppy, but the parts were working together well as a team. There was no fighting over control, no fear, and they saw it as a big adventure. Each part had a role, and everybody knew what that part's role was.

I think I need to return to the ship with the big white sails sometime. Maybe I could use it to go looking for more parts that may have got lost along the way.

Beautiful.  :waveline: :bighug:

woodsgnome

:wave: I so love imagery and metaphor, and especially those with a nautical theme. Perhaps this goes back to my younger days when, just out of my abusive start to life, I discovered and fell in love with canoeing -- both as an activity and in sharing what was sort of a natural feel for it with others (one of my first discoveries that I could matter to other people).

So okay, didn't mean to turn the focus to me; just ruminating a tad, I guess. Mainly, though, I just wanted to salute  :applause: this insight per your progress across your own inner seas. It means lots to have that crew you spoke of -- and how the parts can share from their own instincts that they will somehow find and know the way, guiding you to safety. Good for them, and good for you.

Hope67

Hi Snowdrop,
I like your imagery and hope that you're navigating your way safely - I've missed you, just wanted to send you a hug.  :hug:
Hope  :)

Not Alone

Thinking of you, Snowdrop.  :grouphug:

Snowdrop

I've been quietly reflective since I last wrote in my journal. I've found the ship/parts image deeply helpful, and I've been letting the feel of it seep into me.

San, I'm glad the ship resonated with you. I found it very profound too, and I'm glad it made you smile. :hug:

Notalone, thank you for the :waveline: and thank you for thinking of me. It means a lot. I've been thinking of you too. :grouphug:

Woodsgnome, I smiled to think of you canoeing. Thank you. :hug:

Hope, thank you for the hug. Your words touched my heart. :hug:

Snowdrop

I have the potential to be overwhelmed at the moment. A vulnerable family member is now in hospital with suspected CV19. I'm also going through another intense time at work, with quite a few deadlines over the next few weeks which I need to meet.

I have the tools to get through this, but I want to acknowledge that it's objectively hard.

Hope67

Dear Snowdrop,
Sending you a supportive hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

sending healing energy to your family member - i sure do hope it works out well.

one step at a time, ok snowdrop?  we're here with you.  sending love and a hug filled with strength to get thru it all. :hug:

Not Alone

That is a lot to carry.

woodsgnome

Sending greetings of peace for you; please accept this  :hug: and know that we are supporting you.

Snowdrop

Oh Hope, San, Notalone and Woodsgnome, thank you. Your words of care are just what I needed. :grouphug:

Snowdrop

The past few days have been bleak. My relative isn't expected to make it. Not being able to visit is hard.

I've been checking in with parts, listening to them and comforting them. I still have access to Self, I can still unblend from parts, so I'm coping.

:grouphug:

Not Alone

Snowdrop, that is so heavy. So sad.  :hug:

Three Roses

Standing alongside you in this difficult time, Snowdrop.  :hug: