Snowdrop's journal

Started by Snowdrop, August 03, 2019, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I admire you for seeing this as an opportunity. Your statement about avoiding those type of calls on consecutive days helps me in some things I am working through. As always, thank you for sharing your journey.

Snowdrop

No worries, Owl, I appreciate you commenting. It also helped me to write more, which helped Notalone. :hug:

Thank you, Notalone. I'm glad it helped you. :hug:

One extra thing I should note about yesterday is that the part who felt upset didn't seem to be an exile. This feels quite significant. I will no doubt find out more today.

sanmagic7

i think the idea of spacing activating calls is solid.  seems like it would help everyone have enough time for processing and settling.  well done!  love and hugs, snowdrop. :hug:

Snowdrop

Thank you San. :hug:

All good again today. I slept better, all parts have felt calm and settled, and I've been happy and productive. :cheer:

Snowdrop

IFS journey.

The three year old fighter is still very happy in her martial arts studio.

The statue destroyer unburdened a bit more.

I met the part who was hypervigilant because of the first call this week. She was concerned about me taking on things I couldn't handle that might destabilise me. I told the part that I would listen to her concerns, and I would only take on new types of work with her agreement. The part completely relaxed and calmed down.

I met the part who'd been angry about the second call. I told her that the angry was valid, and thanked her for protecting me. Her anger had been helpful.

Finally, I met the part who'd been upset. She told me that she'd often felt crushed, and she was scared of being crushed yet again. I told her that she was brilliant, and she was carrying a burden that had been put on her. I asked if she'd like to stop carrying the burden, and she said yes. She put some ton weights she'd been carrying in a pile, and as we watched, they turned into dust which was carried away by a breeze. We both felt much lighter afterwards.

Tee

:wave: I I like how you talk to to your pparts. Hugs :hug:

Snowdrop

Thank you for the hugs, sweet little one. I genuinely care about the parts, and value each one of them. They're important to me. Hugs to you :hug:.

sanmagic7

your work with your parts is amazing.  i can't imagine doing that, at least not right now.  beautiful! :hug:

Bach

:wave:

I wish Bach would talk to us like you talk to your parts!  I also wish she would keep her promises.

Snowdrop

Thank you San :hug:

Hi! :wave: My parts like it when I spend time with them and talk to them. It sounds like Bach is dealing with a lot right now, but I know that she cares about you a great deal and values you.

Tee

No one ever spends ttime with mme. Ttee is sad and jjust leaves. :'( :spooked:

Snowdrop

I'm sorry Tee is sad, sweet little one. I know that she cares about you. :hug:

sanmagic7

i wish all the adults could always spend all the time needed for their parts.  i wasn't even able to do that with my daughters because of what i had to deal with in the rest of my life.  to all the little parts of tee and bach, i know they're doing their best, and that it's hard to be patient or understanding.  we all love you, tho, and are lending our support to both bach and tee so they can get back to spending more time with you.

snowdrop, you are such an inspiration here in the work you are doing.  thanks so much for sharing it all with us.  i can see your healing progress and it's so wonderful how your parts are becoming integrated, soothed, trusting again, and cared for as they never had the chance in the past.  what a lovely person you are on so many levels.  love and hugs, dear snowdrop.   :hug:

Snowdrop

Thank you, San, that means such a lot to me. :hug:

Snowdrop

Through this week, different parts have been sharing memories of times my parents weren't there when I needed them to be. I realised today that this was a burden shared by many parts, so I went on an IFS journey to see if I could unburden those parts in a group.

I called all my parts into one place, and asked which ones were carrying this burden. A group of parts stepped forward. I asked if they felt willing to release the burden, and they were. They shared memories with me, which I witnessed, and they each put burdens in a big pile. When they'd all done this, they threw matches at it until it caught fire.

I told the parts I was sorry they'd been let down. They'd deserved to be protected. I'm there for them now, I love them and they're safe.

Sparks from the bonfire formed rainbows. The rainbow energy entered each part's heart, and also mine. It felt good. I feel at peace.