Snowdrop's journal

Started by Snowdrop, August 03, 2019, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

Thank you, Tee, your hugs are always welcome. :hug:

Snowdrop

A couple of things have happened this week which have made me realise how much progress I've made over the past year. I'm pleased with the progress I've made. I'm also pleased that I can see that progress.

Not Alone

You have made a lot of progress. You've also helped me make progress. You have been such an example and encouragement with IFS and also just personally to me. Thank you. Your progress is more than a tree trunk going upward; the trunk has branches.

Snowdrop

I'm so glad I've helped you, Notalone. You've helped me a lot too. Before I started using IFS, I was scared of parts. You showed me how to treat them with care and compassion, and that was the key which unlocked a lot of things for me. I also value your support and encouragement. Thank you. :grouphug:

Bach

:wave: I just wanted to say Hi! :wave:

Snowdrop

Tee

Snowdrop

Thank you for the hug, Tee. :hug:

I've been checking in with parts each day, and they're ok. I've had a bit of covid-related anxiety from some parts, but they relax when I tell them "I'm with you in this, whatever this is".

Tee

sanmagic7

it sounds like you're really moving forward, snowdrop, and i'm so glad for you.  love how you can calm your parts down - that, to me, shows a great amount of trust having been built within yourself.  well done!   :thumbup:

keep going - you're doing great!   :applause:  love and hugs, :hug:

Bach

Snowdrop

Thank you Tee, San and Bach. :grouphug:

Until today, things have been pretty good. I've been in good spirits, been able to get a lot done, and my parts have been ok. Today has been rocky because parts were activated, but I'm feeling better at the moment.

So why has today been rocky?

It started a couple of days ago. I had a call where I was asked to do some work that would almost certainly be triggering. This activated some parts. I've decided not to do the work, but one part in particular has been quite hypervigilant about it and looking for threats.

Yesterday I had another call. The agenda I received beforehand made one part feel under attack, as it was factually inaccurate and thoughtless. This activated an angry part. The call itself was positive and went well. I was apologised to and told what a good job I'm doing, but the part who'd felt under attack still felt upset afterwards.

The part has still been upset today, which is why I've felt rocky. I've not managed to get much done as a result.

I want the part that's been upset to know that it's ok. I understand why she felt so crushed and upset, but she's safe and I've got this.

owl25

I might be misinterpreting, and if so, feel free to ignore. I am wondering if that part that's upset isn't quite feeling heard by you and therefore having a hard time settling? I may be misreading, but just wondering if there's a part of you that's feeling irritated or annoyed that this part doesn't know it's safe?

Snowdrop

It's an interesting thought, Owl, but the part was upset because of the outside stimulus, and the angry part was trying to protect the upset part. I think normally these two parts wouldn't have been so activated, but things were amplified because of the previous day.

In a sense, this is an opportunity, as it's highlighted that the upset part is almost certainly carrying burdens which she might be able to release. It also teaches me that I should avoid having calls like that on consecutive days so that I have time and space to work with any parts that might get activated.

owl25

Looks like I misinterpreted, sorry about that! It does make sense that there are still burdens for that part. That sounds like good self-care to make sure there's extra time between calls.  :thumbup: