Snowdrop's journal

Started by Snowdrop, August 03, 2019, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

:grouphug:

Struggling today. Too much. :fallingbricks:

sanmagic7

:bighug:

letting you know you're not alone, snowdrop.  love and hugs filled w/ strength   :grouphug:

CactusFlower

Hugs, Snowdrop, thinking of you.

Snowdrop

Thank you, San and CactusFlower. I needed that. :grouphug:

I have very tight deadlines coming up, and I've been let down by people I'm working with. It's left me with even more work to do, on top of everything else.

sanmagic7

good luck with all that.   hope it works out smoothly for you.  love and hugs   :hug:

Armee

Snowdrop

Thank you, San and Armee. :grouphug:

The end is in sight! :cheer:

sanmagic7

:cheer:  indeed!  so glad to hear this.  love and hugs, snowdrop. :hug:

Snowdrop

San :hug:.

I heard a joke yesterday that reminded me of HB. I found it helpful, so I thought I'd write it here.

Why did the narcissist cross the road?
Because they thought it was a boundary.

It's probably an old joke, but I hadn't heard it before, and it's so, so true.

rainydiary

Snowdrop - that joke made me laugh even though the truth of it is something painful to many.  It made me think of my in-laws as they tried to cross a boundary last night that my husband and I just discovered this morning.  Thanks for sharing that.  I think of it when they are especially being narcissistic. 

Armee

Haha! That made me chuckle out loud, too

sanmagic7

me, too.  it's good, i think, to find something to laugh at in all this.  i'd never heard it before, either.  thanks for sharing.  i've got a smile on my face right now! ;D  love and hugs, snowdrop. :hug:

woodsgnome

:cheer:  :yeahthat:   :woohoo:

So true, per the silliness that over-the-top narcissists deserve. The unsaid part of the joke is probably that they don't and can't understand boundaries in the first place. So to them, there is no boundary, and would feign shock if someone dared to ever point that out.

BeeKeeper

Why did the narcissist cross the road?
Because they thought it was a boundary.

Late to the party, but enjoyed this anyway. I'm glad to see some humorous appreciation.  :hug:

Bach