Hope to make your acquaintance

Started by Rainstorm11, July 27, 2019, 04:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainstorm11

Hello, thank you for reading this post. I have multiple traumatic years starting as a child abuse and neglect victim. I honestly dissociate often. I don't know what all to say and I am nervous. It's been hard. It's still hard. I feel very misunderstood and emotionally abandoned by most of the people in my life or literally abandoned. My severe depression and physical disabilities pushed so many away.

Tee

:wave: hello rainstorm 11,
welcome to the forum.  There are a so many here that for that introduction.  We all have struggles and stories take your time look around.  There's lots of good information and caring people.

I'm sorry your struggling but glad you found us. :grouphug:

Bach

Welcome, Rainstorm11  :heythere: 

This is a safe and friendly place.  I came here after learning about C-PTSD as a result of a fresh trauma related to abandonment.  I was quite overwhelmed by how well the concept of C-PTSD explains so many of the struggles I've had throughout my life.  People here welcomed me and told me to go at my own pace as far as sharing and interacting, and so that's what I'm doing.  It is scary to write about this stuff, but I'm finding it to be very helpful, and people here are lovely and supportive.  I hope you will find it helpful too.

woodsgnome

Hi, Rainstorm11 ...  :wave: Hoping you can find this forum a place of refuge and relief from wandering so alone for so long with this.

I know that abandonment/dissociation setup as well, and I know others here point to those hardships as well. While our reactions can be very unique, they all come back to one thing -- it hurts, and it's hard to share because a huge part of our trust was broken.

I've been pretty tempted to just shut down completely, many times over. Fortunately, I usually find something to boost my mood back towards reassembling my shattered soul.

A huge part of that boost comes from relating to the info and stories shared on this site and forum. Although much of what we go through is senseless, casting an eye over the material and people here can at least allow us a glimpse of the road out of this *.

I hope you find your experience here helpful as you struggle to find refuge from all the hurt and confusion.

Three Roses

Welcome! Glad you found us although I'm sorry you have reason to.

Coming here has been huge in my life - after being diagnosed with ptsd, this is where I first learned I most likely have complex trauma. Reading these posts and several recommended books have been a game changer. Thanks for joining!
:wave:

Not Alone

Rainstorm11,

Wishing you a warm welcome.  :heythere: