Newcomer nerves

Started by Boatsetsailrose, March 23, 2015, 01:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

:stars:
Hello my name is Emma and I have had a long road of trying to get well...
My current situation is that I am on an anti depressant , reduced my work hours a bit , 5 yrs clean and sober and working recovery for binge eating disorder-
I learnt about complex PTSD whilst on a forum for adult children of parents with bpd - and I did research on it and felt a huge relief in that was what I was experiencing -
I am seeing a child trauma therapist ( short lived for 12 wks - fearful what happens after that - but feel v grateful for her help and education ,,,
I feel in some ways disheartened that I have done so much work on myself over 20 yrs and in some ways feel I am starting again - but I know to believe that is not true and that recovery is an upward spiral and I am about in the middle -
So grateful to find this forum - to not be alone and to get well together -
If there is one thing I do know is that I need other people to get well  - being alone with it is not an option I have to take and I feel v thankful for that  :wave:

Jdog

Welcome Boatsailrose!

You are not alone, and we all need help in recovery so glad you found this community. Recovery is a journey and not one we can assign a specific time limit on, so no worries.  Just take one step at a time and know that this is a safe place for connecting and a place to help and be helped.

Hope you have a peaceful day.

Boatsetsailrose

Rrecovery

Hi Boatsetsailrose and Welcome  :wave:  I like your metaphor of an upwards spiral.  I had an eating disorder for 20 years; they are so painful.  Congratulations on your 5 years  :applause:
Connecting with others here has been so helpful for me.  I hope it is encouraging and helpful for you.  Glad you're here  :hug: