"sick" day

Started by Not Alone, August 07, 2019, 09:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

Worked my three hour shift this morning with a splitting headache. Got a few things at the store then went home. I wanted to take something strong enough to knock out the headache, but I don't have anything. Took more Tylenol, laid in bed, listened to music and dosed off and on most of the day. It made me think of when I was young and I would have a stomach ache. Not really bad enough to stay home from school, but I would stay home. When I was a child, it was a relief to take a day off from pretending, and no one abused me when I was sick.

Headache is minor with the help of Tylenol. I have so much to do, but emotionally feel like  :fallingbricks:

MoonBeam

I hear you notalone. Sorry you are not feeling well. Try not to be hard on yourself for taking a little time to rest and recover, whatever the reason for being down.  You deserve to pamper a little. Resting with music sounds like a really good choice.

SharpAndBlunt

I took my first sick day in years last week, I just felt completely zoned out and could not go to work. The day off was needed though at first I felt guilty, an emotional sick day is fine with me, I'm coming to believe.

The effect was good and I was back the next day. Still not feeling great but back to it.

That feeling of safety, I still get shame over it because it feels like I am hiding. Big memories in there trying to burst out, it feels like.

Enjoy feeling safe, you deserve it.

Tee

Sorry your down for the day.  When I push myself more than I should to work and what not I end up with migraines which over the counter stuff doesn't really touch. So I feel you. My neurologist had me on some pretty things but some of the natural things that are suppose to help are vitamin B-2 and magnesium. I got really bad headaches from flipping back and forth.  Hope your able to rest on all levels. :hug:

Not Alone

Thanks all for your compassion. Headache is mild now. Emotions from connecting to childhood times of being home from school are mostly in the background now.

Tee

Glad your getting better! :hug: