How do you quote?

Started by Just Hatched, August 08, 2019, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Hatched

As title, how do you quote and multi-quote in this forum?   ???

SharpAndBlunt

Hi, to quote, select the Actions drop down next to a post. I'm hoping someone else will help with multi quote - I haven't figured it out myself yet.

Three Roses

Multi quotes - select the blocks of text you want to quote. I use a tablet so I press and hold on a word until it's highlighted, then move the highlighting until all the text I want to quote is selected. Repeat this for all the sections you want to quote.

When you are finished, the text will be on your clipboard somewhere. As I said, I use a tablet, but whatever device you're using should have this function.

Then, click the speech balloon (or speech bubble) icon which will put something in the area where you type replies that looks like this:
[ quote] [/quote]. (Without the spaces, I had to put those in so it wouldn't start a real quote.  :bigwink:)

The cursor will be blinking in between the two inner parentheses, just go to your clipboard and choose which block of text you want to use first.

This method will not quote the author but you can put the authors name in there somewhere if you want. Hope I've said this clearly and that it helps.  :wave:

Just Hatched

Thank you, I had some trouble finding this
QuoteThen, click the speech balloon (or speech bubble) icon
But got it eventually.

The cursor will be blinking in between the two inner parentheses

Yes it was  :bigwink:

QuoteThis method will not quote the author but you can put the authors name in there somewhere if you want
Thank you
QuoteThree Roses
and
QuoteSharpAndBlunt

Yay, I did it!
:applause:

Three Roses