hi again

Started by Anjulie, August 10, 2019, 09:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjulie

Hi,
I've been here on the forum months ago and it soon became too much for me. I was in a deep crisis then and very confused so I had to take a few steps back and look for a therapist first. (I have found a very good one now  :) ,somatic experiencing).

Now I feel stable enough to give it another try here in the forum as I found it a huge help and relieve even then when I couldn't handle it. Thanks to all of you for that!
Anjulie

Three Roses

Glad to see you again! It's great that you have a good therapist. Looking forward to hearing more from you.  :wave:

woodsgnome

Welcome back  :).

Sometimes it seems that nothing is able to digest and shake off the discomfort that many of the topics discussed here can bring about. As sensitive beings, for many of us what seems like progress can even seem remote and hard to handle.

Then all we can do is try again, maybe adjust for some more self-care (a delicate process, for sure), which might spark some new ways of being with the overwhelm of having tried so hard.

I hope that your return here will still provide a safe haven for you, where you can continue to recover some inner peace after the storm, as it were. 

Kizzie

Welcome back Anjulie, glad to hear you found a T   :heythere:

Snowdrop

Not Alone

Welcome back.  :wave: Glad you found a good therapist.

Jazzy

Hi Anjulie; welcome back!  It's great that you found a good T and are feeling more stable. :)

Jdog

Anjulie-

Glad to have you back, and it's great to hear you have a goodness's therapist! :heythere:

Tee

Jdog

Please excuse my typo in the earlier reply.  I meant good therapist! LOL....at myself.

Anjulie

Thank you for your welcoming! That really means a lot to me :-)

Quote from: woodsgnome on August 10, 2019, 02:26:54 PM

Then all we can do is try again, maybe adjust for some more self-care (a delicate process, for sure), which might spark some new ways of being with the overwhelm of having tried so hard.
Thanks woodsgnome, that self-care thing is really tricky but soooo important, and I'll keep trying. For instance I'm telling myself that I don't have to read every post.

I was thinking maybe to start a journal but haven't decided yet, it would take a lot of courage to be so, well, just "there". But I'll see.

So glad to be back.

Anjulie

Quote from: Jdog on August 11, 2019, 01:16:29 AM
Please excuse my typo in the earlier reply.  I meant good therapist! LOL....at myself.
;D

Jazzy

You certainly don't have to read every post! I try to read most of them, but I don't read every single one.

A public journal does take a lot of courage. I think I started one, once, but it didn't get very far at all. I have a lot of respect for those who continue to write in theirs. I usually don't read journals, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't know if people want it read or replied to or not, so I just leave them.

If you're thinking of doing a journal, you totally should... but just do what you're comfortable with. We're all here to be supportive of each other, right? It's not supposed to be like work.

Take care! :)

Anjulie

Thank you, Jazzy, for understanding and encouraging me. That helped a lot!
So I think I start a journal and see how it feels. I was also thinking of writing in the journal in the morning and reading and answering other posts later in the day.

woodsgnome

Sometimes a journal can provide some space to wander around a bit, maybe even find ways to clear out some of the mind's cobwebs that need cleaning. Then too, moving the dust from one might reveal some other areas, but such is the nature of journals.

I wish you well, Anjulie  :hug:, no matter which direction you decide on. And I hope you remember this basic rule of thumb -- be easy on yourself, but pay attention to where your heart leads you.

This is rarely easy, coming as we do from rugged backgrounds that hold frightful memories; while also finding, if we can, ways to move forward despite the old ways we're struggling to rise above.