New to the forum - Hello

Started by Guadalahonky, August 14, 2019, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guadalahonky

Hello, My name is Mark. I am a 53 YO male w/ undiagnosed CPTSD.

I was working in group therapy in Los Angeles on depression & anxiety when I made this discovery about myself after dealing w/ nightmares. My Dr. prescribed Prazosin and we still haven't got the correct titration level down. We need to keep bumping.

History: I had a major trauma at age 14 that I buried and started abusing alcohol to deal with it.

Currently: I was diagnosed w/ depression & anxiety two years and ago and in response, I started practicing meditation 2 years ago and it is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I was also encouraged to ride a bike, I bought a mountain bike and I'm loving that.

I am here to learn about CPTSD from the experiences of others. It's new to me, a little scary and I know there is safety in numbers here.

Peace,

-Mark

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum :heythere: Sorry you need us but glad you found us.

Jazzy

Welcome Guadalahonky!

There's a great group of people here. Feel free to look around at your own pace, and jump in when you feel comfortable. Wishing you the best on your recovery journey. Take care! :)

Three Roses

Hello Guadalahonky, nice to meet you! This is a great spot for info and resources, there's even a booklist.  ;D

Snowdrop

Guadalahonky

Thank you for the greetings. I am scheduled for group therapy tomorrow and I am going to ask about my options in joining a second group, for CPTSD.

Really excited about it. I am also excited about changing medications in order to better treatment the core cause (CPTSD) and then the secondary cause (Anxiety). Have a great day everyone.

Until you make the unconscious conscious,
it will direct your life and you will call it fate.

- Carl Jung

Peace,

-Mark

Not Alone