Ace score

Started by Boatsetsailrose, January 09, 2019, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

I don't ever remember seeing this before, but I looked it up and I got a 6. Honestly, I'm surprised its that high, because most of what I went through didn't make that list of "common" events. Like Just Hatched said, there's a lot that isn't on that list.

sherine

My ACE score is 6 and the resilience score came to a 5. I wish there was more info on the resilience score. I'm not surprised though.

harmony

I found this video helpful in framing the ACE questions a little better to capture situations that are not clearly expressed in the standard test. I believe the video would be vey validating for people because it does recognize more situations, and helps us to frame them more clearly.

I do not believe the end score is meant to quantify the extent of the trauma you have experienced, but merely as a "heads up" guideline for professionals to recognize the possibility of trauma when working with a client, especially outside of psych (eg social work, education, justice, non-psych medical, etc.). So it's not that a 5 is definitively "worse" than a 3, but that the professional gets a heads-up for the 5 AND the 3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBpF8sWycQQ
Video title: Was I abused? Childhood PTSD info and test
Video is affirming and validating of a broad range of traumatic FOO situations.

Bach

Thank you for posting that video, harmony.  Although I understand how it could be a useful tool for an initial evaluation of trauma in a person, the basic ACE test makes me rage because that level of simplifying of traumatising factors feels minimising of all the crazy stuff I've been through in my life.  I went to the website and downloaded the full questionnaire for purposes of validation and writing prompts for my Youngers.