My New Curtains

Started by BeHea1thy, March 24, 2015, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeHea1thy

So! I moved into a new place, which is the nicest place I've lived in my entire life. And to celebrate, I made some new bedroom curtains on my little Hello Kitty (Janome) sewing machine. It works just like the big ones! :bigwink:

Got some funky sixties fabric at JoAnn's although end of the bolt, on sale. It speaks to me. Staged the scene with a couple African Violets and already I'm feeling "the love!"

It's the first time I've ever felt good about my bedroom.

[attachment deleted by admin]

schrödinger's cat

Looks nice. Congratulations on your new place, I hope you'll gather many happy memories here.  :hug:

Whobuddy

Good for you!
:cheer:

That is great self-care. Lovely picture. Enjoy your unique space that you made just for you!! :yes:

Anamiame

That's awesome! It is healing to have a home where you feel safe, and beautiful and at peace.  Enjoy!!

Kizzie

So pretty BeHealthy!  I love your comfy nest  :hug:

Widdiful Falling

I think they're adorable!  ;D And it's awesome that you made them yourself.  :hug:

PaintedBlack

I love them! I am trying really hard myself too get out of my disorganized thinking and make my home comfortable and beautiful. It's not something natural for me so I have to learn it. You've inspired me! Thank you.

Bluevermonter

It's so nice when things match like that.   Lovely job.   Very soothing.  I did something similar w prints of orchids and hummingbirds on the bedroom wall, and real orchids in the same colors on the window sill.  We are so smart!

Bluevermonter

My ex was an art major.  We would take a few days to go D.C. and wander the art museums.  There i discovered Martin Johnson Heade.  Ex bought me a few of his prints and they are the only things I have kept that she gave me.  So in redoing my bedroom, those prints are the central theme and boy, is my remodel coming along just superb. 

My foster kittens have knocked over the orchids several times as they hunt the lone fly buzzing around the window, but all's good.

P. S. My ex grew African violets, but kept them at her work, not at home. Hmmm. . . .

Bluevermonter

We were in D.C. specifically to see the Vermeer show.  But the Heade painting on exhibit at the National Gallery seems to be Vermeer-like to me.  But I was drawn to it bc it seems so lush.   

Anyway,  dividing and repotting is always prone to errors, ime.  Good luck next time!

:hug:

Bluevermonter

A pretty still life there.

I got my mom's furniture after she passed in 2013.  The bed frame, couch, chair, end tables are 1940's maple but needed major refinishing.  So about the time I finished the bed frame, ex ran out in early 2014.  I needed something to keep me sane, so decided to turn my messy bedroom into something better. 

I have 3 Heade prints that I framed myself, plus acquired a print of New Zealand birds, and framed that beautifully, IMHO.  The paint is a gray green sage like color.  I just finished the built in closet and laying a new gray laminate floor.  Next up is the floor molding.  I will replace the cheap bifold closet doors with wood sliding doors.

I tried to attach a photo and will, once I post this.  But my failed first attempt wiped out all I typed. 

Thanks for asking as I am proud of doing something creative that I did not think I could do.  Not the sawing and nailing, but the color matching etc.

I hope you enjoy your still life.  Much better than an EF.

Bluevermonter

So I am still trying to figure out how to reduce photo size to 128kb . . .  In the meantime, I am glad to have provoked an impulse to break boundaries.   Bheart, you could always frame the cover and hang it somewhere.  A still life w butterflies might work in your bedroom.

I too feel good about my bedroom.  I never ever put this much effort into making a place beautiful. 

Bluevermonter

Maybe?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bluevermonter

Thanks for your generous compliments, as well as how to alter photo size.

Now if I could only find some robotic hummingbirds . . .