Art therapy for CPTSD

Started by Sunny49, September 05, 2019, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunny49

I have been trying out different ideas for art therapy. I find that I can find words for what I feel if I start with an image. I am not skilled with drawing but skilled with seeing ideas and using them in new ways and I wanted to share a few ideas.

Our Dollar Tree has rubbing plates in the educational section. You place them under paper and rub the side of a crayon over it to get the image to transfer to your paper. They have different options and I thought I would give you a general idea of what I have been doing with them.

One is of a brick wall- I added words about the walls I put up or the walls I am tearing down, or the walls I need to build, etc.

One is a shell- I wrote about coming out of the shell of silence, the ability to hear the calming sea when I am upset, etc.

One is of flowers- I wrote about the fact that I can look beautiful to others but feel like a weed wilting under weed killer, about the flower I was born to be but weeds and bugs ate at me, etc.

I also cut words out of a book I was getting rid of and pasted them in a different order to speak for me.

I hope that this gives ideas on how to pull out of yourself what you don't know how to say.

Not Alone

Thanks for sharing. I am not an artist, but am very visual, so I do art therapy sometimes. I also did a picture involving brick walls. I used google images to get the idea that I wanted.