DID telling others

Started by Not Alone, September 07, 2019, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

It was really a fascinating episode! The brain scan was conducted by Harvard trained Dr Robert Savoy. Two fmri scans were done on Jane, who in preparation for these scans had worked with her therapist to be able to call on one of her parts (Beth) who was usually "close", and who was an EP (emotional part), and whose role was that of protector to younger parts.

Jane underwent the first scans, and then Dr Savoy asked Jane to ask Beth if she could help by letting scans be done while she was "out".

Screen shots of Hulu are not allowed but the scans were obviously very different.

Dr Savoy works at an organization called the Athinoula A. Martinos Center, which posted this article on their website about the episode - http://news.martinos.org/ae-series-highlights-imaging-study-of-dissociative-identity-disorder-patient/

Jane stated in an interview that it was her hope that the scans would prove that her "part" Beth was really there and so indicate the other parts were also there; that it would indicate to others who might deny the reality of DID that it is not imagined, or faked; and that it would validate her disorder for herself and the millions of others affected by DID.

Heart

My f had DID. It was not diagnosed.  But I am quite certain, due to several different types of situations. However if he had received the help and had gotten a formal diagnosis  - maybe many difficult situations would have been better dealt with. He was perceived as a liar instead.  Which is unfair and unfortunate.

To have a open communication within the family  - I wish we would have had.

Don't know if I helped you...but that is what I personally concluded.
I wish you well.

Not Alone

Thank you, Heart. Since this post, my husband knows. It came out when I fell apart during marriage therapy. At some point might tell my adult children, but other things are going on right now. (Husband has been supportive.)

Heart

Notalone, you are not alone. It is clear that all of yous  :wave:   are loved and appreciated both in RL and here. Many comments done by you have been so good.  Comforting.  So also here we all appreciate you and the Littles.
A safe ?  :hug:
:grouphug:
You are so brave. Take your time and happy to hear about your DH.

Not Alone

Thank you, Heart.  :hug: to you too.