a tentative Hi from a newbie

Started by KiwiGirl72, September 09, 2019, 07:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiGirl72

Hi,
my name is Dee, and I have C-PTSD from childhood, from a mother who behaved in a heavily narcissistic fashion.  (As this sort of person is highly unlikely to seek a diagnosis, nor be truthful even if they went to therapy, I'm left to "couch-diagnose" my mother as having NPD.  The covert/vulnerable sort.  She fits the DSM criteria with flying colours.  The diagnosis was first put forward by my psychotherapist 20 years ago, when I came to her struggling with my own problems.) 

I'm here to connect (hopefully) with folk who may understand, CPTSD as I'm finding it really hard to put myself forward or let people in.  Struggling to move forward since leaving an abusive relationship. struggling to regain back my voice, health, life, & friends.

Thanks for reading.  :)

Snowdrop

Hi Dee! :wave: Pleased to meet you. You'll find lots of kind people here who understand what you're going through.

Three Roses

Blueberry

Not Alone

Anjulie

Kizzie

Hi and welcome Dee  :heythere:  I'm the child of covert NPD family too (my M especially). Congrats on finding your way here and taking the risk of posting, it's a positive step toward reclaiming your voice  :applause:

:grouphug:

SeekFreedom

Welcome Dee! I hope you're able to find what you're looking for here. Everyone seems really great.  :heythere:

SharpAndBlunt