Post EF need to connect

Started by Not Alone, September 13, 2019, 03:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I am coming out of a triggered state (EF) that started last night. I think it was last night. . . it seems like a week ago. It was pretty bad. I knew I was in a triggered state and I even knew the reasons why. I suppose knowing how things connected to the past kept me from spiraling even further. I even tried two online crisis support sites. One said no one was available to chat and to come back later. The other had 14 people in line ahead of me to talk to someone. Oh brother. I wrote and posted here, but then 10 minutes later removed the post. Taking two xanax got me through last night. Still wasn't doing great this morning, although not as bad. I texted some friends. Their responses and mostly their kindness and love helped me to feel cared for and that I wasn't alone. I made it through work today. I am doing okay right now, but a little afraid to go to bed. I feel like I'm still near the vortex.

Feel the need to connect, so that I why I'm posting this. 

SharpAndBlunt

Dear notalone, you are not alone, and I have read and seen your post.  :hug: to you, well done for recognising your triggers, your spiralling (that you prevented  :cheer:) and your need to reconnect.

Sorry the online services you reached out to weren't great. Sometimes that's a real discouragement. But good, too, that you have friends to reach out to who responded well.

It sounds like you are doing everything right, please keep taking care of yourself and things will settle again in course  :hug: :hug:

Snowdrop

EFs are horrid. Well done for knowing you were in one, and for not spiralling further. I'm so glad you were able to reach out to friends too. They clearly love and care for you a great deal.

You are safe, and you're not alone. Standing by you in support, and offering hugs if that helps.  :hug:

Anjulie

I hear you and send you a  :hug:
I hope this night will be better.

Kizzie

We're here Notalone and I hope knowing that will help you  :grouphug:   Reaching out as you tried to do was good self-care despite it not quite working out. 

I hope you are through the EF now and have a better night tonight  :hug:

Not Alone

SharpAndBlunt, Snowdrop, Anjulie, Kizzie,

Thank you each for your responses and encouraging words. Reading those felt like a safe, warm hug to me.  :grouphug:

Tee

Bach

Notalone, dear, I'm glad you posted. I hope things are improving. :hug:

I  have also been in a triggered state, since yesterday morning. The Youngsters are in a lot of pain but because of the things I have learned from you and being here on this forum since I joined, I have been able to cope enough to fulfill at least the most important of my obligations and keep from sinking. Please give yourself a hug to acknowledge the strong, beautiful spirit in you that is working so persistently to heal and be whole. And here's another from me (and the Youngers, all of them in here)  :grouphug:

Not Alone

Thank you, Tee. Your support means a lot to me.

Bach, I'm sorry you've been in a triggered state also. Here is a hug to all of you.  :hug: