Paralysis, CPTSD and spousal abuse

Started by donneek, September 15, 2019, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donneek

I suddenly found myself in the Neurologic ICU with total paralysis that lasted for months, the condition had no obvious cause and doctors were flummoxed. They finally called it A.M.S.A.N (acute motor sensory axonal neuropathy)  and said it was probably an autoimmine disorder, I couldn't move anything but my eyes and mouth, organ failure I was a mess. As I recovered I developed ITP which is another autoimmune disorder caused by the failure of my bone marrow and nearly died from that. Eight years later i am mostly recovered some things will never be the same. I have been in therapy for the last five years to deal with a history of extreme domestic violence, rape and incest. EMDR was finally the thing that saved me. Have others experienced anything like this?

Three Roses

Hello and welcome to the forum.  :wave:

I can empathize with the domestic violence, rape, incest, and recovery from those - and having cptsd - but I have not had EMDR. I hear it can be very helpful.

If I may suggest something - if you're feeling up to it, may I suggest that you post in the introductions section? https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=10.0. You will get more welcomes there. Thanks for joining.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS donneek  :heythere:  Glad to hear you have recovered to a degree from the ASAM and ITP.  I can only imagine what it must have been like to go through both of those on top of having the psychological symptoms of CPTSD to deal with.

I haven't quite had what you've dealt with but like many others here I have had a lot of medical issues including ovarian cancer, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea & insomnia, allergies, eating issues & possibly fibromyalgia.  Unfortunately, there's quite a bit of research data making the connection between trauma and illness/disease.