I don't think this is a good fit

Started by Gromit, September 18, 2019, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gromit

Just been reading the posts here, including one I posted a couple of months ago which reminded me of a place I found then.

I have had a few sessions with a psychodynamic T recently, because that model was beneficial for me in the past, in some ways. But I am not feeling it with this T. Every time I feel something emotional surface she jumps in taking me away from feeling. She does not seem to 'get' me in the same way I find my peers at ACOA do. So lucky to have found a decent group, I have heard of some that are not.

Surely, all that I have learnt over the last years of T and discovering CPTSD is that feeling the feelings is necessary for healing. Changing the subject or focus when they arise is the opposite of any other T I have had. Plus her time boundaries are poor.
G

I am not going back but thought it may help someone else to put why here.

Three Roses

It's great that you've posted this. It might be encouraging to someone who needs to see it. Good awareness, you rock.  :cheer:

Blueberry

Great self-awareness and great self-care with the decision  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kizzie

:applause:   and :thumbup:   That is great self-care Gromit, tks for sharing it here. 

Gromit

Thanks for all the positive comments, I don't think I have ever been so rewarded.
Mind, I also haven't been so proactive with a T before either. And I was feeling bad because I let someone behave passive aggressively towards me, which my peers at ACA totally got. This T just didn't, or not in the same way.

I am quite overcome with the praise.  :disappear: