Psoriasis - Seriously?

Started by Kizzie, September 22, 2019, 05:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

I went to the doctor the other day because I developed some kind of skin condition. She took a biopsy but said she suspects it's psoriasis.  Just waiting for the results to confirm that's what it is but in the meantime I (of course) read up on it and it's thought to be related to an immune system problem. One of the main causes is ...... stress.  :blink: 

For many who live with the chronic skin condition psoriasis, stress can trigger psoriasis symptoms. Stress is thought to trigger inflammation in the body. And psoriasis, itself, is an inflammatory response. Fortunately, studies show that controlling stress can improve psoriasis symptoms. Managing your stress is an important part of managing your psoriasis.  From the Mayo Clinic web site.

Yet another physical issue that relates to having CPTSD.   

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else has immune issues? 

SharpAndBlunt

Hi Kizzie, sorry to hear about your skin flare up.

I have psoriasis (very mild) and occasionally excema, and I have been mildly asthsmtic too for most of my life. The skin can get a lot worse in times of stress. The skin conditions are also genetic, as most of my family have it in one form or another. Mine is not so bad but I have an ointment for my scalp and cream if it gets bad on the elbows, which is where I seem to get it. I'm lucky in that mine is manageable.

Kizzie

Tks S&B, hopefully mine will be manageable too. I am gobsmacked that at my age I suddenly developed psoriasis, I never had it in the past and no-one in my immediate family does so it seems to be yet another physical issue related to trauma :pissed:  (guess getting upset doesn't help matters ;D).

SharpAndBlunt

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, mine definitely does flare up at really stressful times. I hope yours turns out to be not so bad!  :)

Kizzie

Three Roses

I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism which is an auto immune disorder. Diagnosed yeeaars ago, only recently have I learned it could be connected to trauma. At diagnosis the doc said it could be linked to injuries of the neck, which I've had a lot of. So, idk. Fun stuff, eh?  :Idunno:

Kizzie

Sorry to hear this TR. Not so fun sadly   :'(   All the physical issues we develop due to relational trauma just  add insult to injury x 10.

Rainagain

I developed scalp psoriasis during a time of high stress in my 50's, still got it.