Hi there! Happy Sunday!

Started by DingDingCrunch, October 07, 2019, 12:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DingDingCrunch

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to tune in. :D

My general story is that I'm the only child of divorced parents, mom with untreated BP, histrionic personality disorder, and alcoholism issues. Dad we think NPD, but no official diagnosis for him ever confirmed.

It's been a crazy year after a few very busy, tiring years. After working a high travel, investment banking hours type of job for a few years, my partner and I moved states, to live in the same place. He was recently diagnosed with autism. I started a new job, found out my boss was committing fraud and was targeted for it, ended up in a lawsuit with my employer over my severance, had to move 3 times due to mold and water issues in our home, then get rid of 80% of possessions because they were contaminated, while battling a ton of health issues. Developed worse anxiety/depression/SI -> a CPTSD diagnosis (childhood onset), so I suppose when it rains, it pours! I'm trying to understand what CPTSD means for me, and also how to approach treatment. I've never tried any form of anxiety or depression medication before, and even finding the right type of therapist seems confusing.

It's been a struggle thinking of my life as tainted by trauma when so much of my childhood seemed good. Did anyone else resent it when therapists kept telling you that you're traumatized? I feel like I just want to stand up and shout, I'm just a normal person, please leave me alone!

Felt like I was wandering in a void, and then suddenly, might not be as by myself as I thought.  :grouphug: I was recently in a traffic accident, and have a concussion, so please excuse any spaciness or delayed replies (limited screen time for a few more weeks).

Not Alone

You have so much going on in your life. My head isn't clear enough right now to address some of your questions properly, but I did want to welcome you to the forum.  :heythere:

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS DDC.   :heythere:

Bach

Welcome to the forum, DingDingCrunch  :heythere:  This is a good place.  I hope you find helpful things here.

Jazzy

Hi DingDingCrunch, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. There is lots to read, here and elsewhere, but everybody's journey of healing seems to be unique, so it  is great that you are looking for CPTSD means for you, and how to deal with it. That's a great attitude.

Take care! :)