New to CPTSD

Started by Wolfbane, October 01, 2019, 11:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfbane

Hi all.
I'm 49 and only just recently discovered CPTSD totally by accident came across 'surviving to thriving' youtube seminar and having the overwhelming realisation that I've been suffering and just surviving most of my life.
   Been trying to get a diagnosis but in my area in the UK not many resources so finding this website is such a needed resource so thankyou .

Anyhoo just wanted to post to say Hello

Jdog

Hello, and welcome!  I hope you will stick around and explore the many resources available here. You are in good company, as many of us have never received an official diagnosis and like you, have come to our own conclusions about the affects past trauma has had upon our lives.

I am glad to meet you, Wolfbane.

Snowdrop

Pleased to meet you, Wolfbane :wave:. There are quite a few of us here from the UK. You're definitely not alone.

Blueberry

Hello Wolfbane  :heythere: Welcome to the forum!

Have you seen the UK-specific resources on the forum? https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=266.0
There may be something there for you. Otherwise there is lots of information on the forum and support from other members.

Wolfbane

Thanks for the replies and link to UK pages :-)

Not Alone

Boatsetsailrose

Hi wolfbane... I am I just the UK and got a diagnosis from psychiatrist...
How is it going for you?

Bach

Welcome to the forum, Wolfbane!  :heythere: 

I don't have a diagnosis either.  Earlier this year, I discovered the concept of CPTSD after years and years of searching for answers about why my life has been so dysfunctional, and it was a real lightbulb moment. 

Boatsetsailrose

That should read 'I have a diagnosis from a psychiatrist'. I am in the UK