GAD, depression, avoidant personality.

Started by Outlandish, October 01, 2019, 07:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlandish

I grew up in a disfunctional family. My mum was an alcoholic, my stepdad was dominant and without empathy. My older brother was the black sheep in the family, dominating me. I tried to be the happy and good girl doing evry thing to avoid the conflicts getting out of hand with in the famely. Always on full alert. When I left home I began to suffer from anxiety and depression. When my mum died the conflicts started again and I tried navigating in the situation. But I broke down and got more anxious and depressed than ever.  I never fully recoverd. I got a GAD and depression diagnosis once more, and was told I most likely have an avoidant personality structure. The cptsd diagnosis is not (yet) used Where I live. But I have been wondering for years if it cut Also be cptsd.

Not Alone

Sorry to not address your post directly, but I did want to welcome you to the forum.  :heythere:

Outlandish

Thank you notalone, and for your Help login in ;-)

Blueberry

A warm welcome to the forum from me too  :heythere:

Obviously we can't diagnose you, but it could very well be that you developed cptsd in those circumstances. Not everybody on OOTS has the official diagnosis because in some countries it isn't used. You're very welcome to look around the board, post about your current life, your past and ask questions. At some point, you'll notice whether your symptoms and experiences correlate.