The Child at Your Door

Started by woodsgnome, October 02, 2019, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsgnome

Among the regular places I visit for inspiration, a favourite is called "A Loving Healing Space". Today's entry (Wednesday, October 2, 2019) I found to be a wonderful reflection on inner child to which I'm sure many of us can relate.

If you link within the next couple of days, this entry titled "A Temple of Refuge" will be at the top, but will change in the future as he adds to these regularly (not necessarily daily). So if you come across this in the future you'll need to go to the link and then make sure you look for the October 2, 2019 entry. The link is:

http://alovinghealingspace.blogspot.com/

Your inner child(ren) will feel welcomed, and you'll have found yourself as a good friend you can treasure.  :hug:

Bach

This is lovely, woodsgnome.  A great reminder to me, deep as I am in the process of learning how to talk to, listen to, nurture, and when necessary, set boundaries for my inner children, instead of criticising, denying and suppressing them as I've done for so many years.

Not Alone

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this.

Boatsetsailrose

My woods gnome
Thank u so much for sharing this amazing blog... Its just what I need..
I met Jeff f who matt is facilitating with a long time ago and hung out with him on one of his retreats...

Boatsetsailrose

'As you provide a temple of refuge for the tired children of the heart to dwell'

What a beautiful offering...

woodsgnome

Glad you found this entry relevant, Boatsetsailrose. The imagery he uses about the child's arrival hit me the moment I read it.

I actually used to resist inner child work; based I think on a fear of what I'd find, or that it didn't seem 'real' enough. This entry, though, cleared out that mind fog and it was easy to welcome an aspect of 'me' that desperately needed, and still needs, loving acceptance.

Boatsetsailrose

That's good that you found the entry woods gnome and it really spoke to you.
That place that needs loving acceptance is a place I am really starting to see is so desperate to be met.
It's time...