Free video about Sexual Abuse History from Avaiya University (free to view)

Started by Hope67, October 02, 2019, 07:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

Hi everyone,
I have just had a link to a free video about Sexual Abuse and there are some Trigger warnings - so only watch it if you are ok to do so.  I've NOT watched it yet, but wanted to put it here - so others could see it if they want to.  It's from Avaiya University and I should have written down the gentleman's name, but forgot to do so:
Ah - he hs Dr Gregory Williams and it is his personal story of his own abuse.
https://www.avaiya.com/healing/dr-gregory-williams/
Hope  :)

Blueberry

Thanks for posting, Hope.

There are TW for CSA content and for language. I haven't watched it either.

Hope67

TW as mentioning reactions to the video on CSA, so content related to that, but nothing graphic mentioned:

Just to say that I watched maybe a third of this talk, and then didn't watch the remainder.  I wanted to write about why, but each time I try to write about it, I am feeling as if parts of me are heavily resistant to my doing that, so I won't say more.  This is a bit frustrating, as I've started writing, and now I feel like I've not really said anything that is helpful - either to myself, or for anyone reading this. 

OK, I'll try to communicate what I mean - it's that I appreciated hearing this man's experiences, however he talked about the fact that he forgave his abuser, and how he thinks it's helpful for people to do that - and I realise that I am at a different point in my own journey - and I haven't felt able to attribute appropriate blame/responsibility to the perpetrator of my issues, and so I'm not able to consider forgiveness, as I'm just not at the point where I could, and even if I was, I'm not sure whether I could.

Anyway, I'll leave my comments there.  I was glad that I was able to watch some of this gentleman's video and hear his experiences, as I think that it was good for me to listen to someone's experiences, and it was thought-provoking for my own processing of my own experiences.  For years, I would avoid reading or watching videos related to CSA, as I was in denial about my own experiences (I think).

Hope  :)