bee

Started by bee, September 16, 2014, 05:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bee

Hi,
My mother is uPD, she has BPD, NPD, and ASPD traits. My father is enabling. Main methods of abuse were verbal and emotional. Lots of psychotic rages. I have been NC about 9 years. I was re traumatized last year when I saw my M at a family gathering. My siblings agree that she was abusive, they support me, but are still in contact.
Since a year ago the EFs have ramped way up. I have very little if any trust. I have anxiety, and adrenal fatigue.
I have a good T and read a lot to try to understand more and find more tools to help me.
It is nice to find a place where others understand my day to day experiences.
Bee

Kizzie

Welcome to Out of the Storm Bee, we're glad you found your way here.  It sounds like you are well Out of the FOG of living with PD FOO and are ready to deal with our CPTSD so you're in the right place.

Did your EFs ramp up because you saw your M or are there other things that have contributed to that as well?  It's great that you have a good T and can work on a lot of this with her/him.  We're just building up some tools in the forum "Recovery" if you want to have a look through them. 

If you haven't already done so, maybe have a look through the CPTSD General Discussion forum and when you're ready post there as well. There are definitely lots of members who understand what you're grappling with and can offer encouragement.

Again, welcome and I look forward to "talking" with you  ;D

Badmemories

Hi Bee,
Welcome, I hope You like our group, I am learning new stuff everyday!

You wrote,  Main methods of abuse were verbal and emotional. Lots of psychotic rages.

That is mainly what I am working on. I was doing pretty good until MY uNPDSis was having problems in the huge city she was living in and I had her move into  My Small town. I thought I could help her with her mental problems... instead it made Me start triggering.  I realized that everything I thought about her was wrong, (easy to wear a mask when you are 300 miles away) and That it was causing me problems. 

So welcome relax, and KEEP on KEEPING ON!