Physical Flashbacks

Started by Not Alone, October 06, 2019, 10:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I've been having physical flashback ever since my therapy session last week (not continuous, but frequent). I am reminding myself that I am safe, etc. This is distressing, but it is not sending me to crazy-land. I see that as growth.

MoonBeam

Notalone. Wow! That is amazing! Serious progress for sure. Parts of you/all of you are trusting you, that you are safe, that this will pass, that this is not happening now. It is going to be OK!

I'm so sorry for the flashbacks and how distressing that is.  I understand and stand with you. I've been thinking lately that maybe when the body memories come, instead so much of me just being stuck in a loop, maybe my body is processing and in that letting some of the physical remainder of the abuse go. Like I'm releasing it as it moves through and each time I experience that, I am shedding myself of it, a little at a time. IDK.

Really want to say Yes! Definitely growth. Sending gentle support and hope for them passing soon.  :hug:

Not Alone

MoonBeam, Grateful for your support.

Blueberry

That is growth indeed, notalone!  :thumbup: :applause:

Bach

When I can bear the unbearable without going to crazy-land I feel my strongest confidence that I am actually healing, and feel reassured that some day the struggle will be less. 

Safe hugs and gentle solidarity  :hug:

Not Alone

Thanks Blueberry and Bach. It is encouraging to see growth. A few months ago the physical flashbacks would have sent me quickly to a very bad place. Yay that I was able (with support) to keep my head above water.