Activity 3 "Recording your memories"

• 2 Replies

C.

• Learning from reciprocity as I heal from CPTSD.
    • View Profile
Activity 3 "Recording your memories"
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »
Self-Help

3.   If you're tired of writing or prefer not to write, try recording your memories and listening to/viewing them a few weeks later.  You may choose or not to add new segments at the end of the tape.  Listening again to these tapes several months later may be especially eye opening because it may both confirm your progress in remembering and trigger new memories.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Activity 3 "Recording your memories"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
I tend to use this whole board as my journal so the thought of also wiriting in a separate journal isn't appealing although I can see the value.  Here you know others will read what you have written, whereas a journal is private so you can be completely open and honest. 

I hadn't even thought of recording myself - hmmmmm, have to think about that. I think it would feel fairly awkward but maybe not.  I liked the visual exercise (drawing) and found it helped me to tap into the inner dialogue moreso than just trying to feel my feelings.  Maybe hearing my own voice would be similarly helpful.

C.

• Learning from reciprocity as I heal from CPTSD.
    • View Profile
Re: Activity 3 "Recording your memories"
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13:41 PM »
I like you perspective about journaling.  Yes, the internet, computers and smart phones have changed the world of healing as well.  I have a journal of sorts in Microsoft Word and it's a combination of thoughts plus my posting or ideas from the forum. 

I have found I enjoy having a "hard" copy of things.  I'm thinking about printing the workbook, then my responses on the threads, and pasting it all together somehow once we're finished.

The workbook talks about recording your voice and a tape (outdated) which is why I put both forms of recording since most people now have a device that video records...I agree that hearing one's voice could bring in another layer of understanding...