Relationship

Started by Pk74, October 23, 2019, 06:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pk74

I feel lile im losing my wife and children who i love with all that i am! But i struggle with my emotions and i keep pushing them awày i dont trust them i think my wifes gunna hurt me it feels like im living in trauma everyday

Blueberry

Hello Pk74 and welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad time atm. If you're worried your wife might hurt you physically then please reach out in real life e.g. to the police.

If you mean you're worried about emotional hurt from your wife, then hang in there. You feel like living in trauma everyday could mean you're in what we call an Emotional Flashback or EF or it could mean you're still in an abusive situation.

For information on EFs, " Emotional flashbacks (EFs) are one of the most common symptoms of CPTSD and involve mild to intense feeling states (e.g., anger, shame, fear) that were felt in past trauma, and are layered over present day situations. For example, a person who grew up with a parent who was angry and abusive may react with sudden intense fear to a minor conflict at work and not understand what is happening or why because often people with CPTSD do not connect these feelings to past trauma.  Emotional flashbacks are contrasted by the visual flashbacks experienced withPTSD where sufferer sees the traumatic event replayed in their mind's eye."

Or check here: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=2589.0

Pk74

Thanks blueberry yes i mean emotionl hurt i feel she neglects me emotionaly she says its cos she doesnt know how to be with me even when i'm crying she doesnt comfort me

Jazzy

This sounds really rough. Sorry you are going through this. Hopefully you will feel better soon, or at least begin to understand why you are feeling so upset all the time. Take care! :)

Blueberry

Thanks for clarifying.

If you feel up to it, it might help you to read this thread sometime: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=12309.0

If it's not too close, here's a supportive  :hug: We are here for you on the forum.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear how little support you're feeling. It can be very difficult for our loved ones to know what to do, esp if they're afraid of inadvertently hurting us further. Or sometimes they can feel threatened by our intensity. I'm speaking out of personal experience so idk if that's your situation.

I hope you continue to post here and speak about the things that are troubling you. I think you'll find support, encouragement and invaluable help here!  :hug: