Come to a realization!

Started by PleaseWait, October 25, 2019, 04:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PleaseWait

Hello everyone,

Entirely by accident I find myself here after a thought pattern that led me to the realization that 100% of my daily is comprised of isolation, self-loathing, poor health and stifled productivity. The analysis was based on a stereotypical understanding of PTSD in war vets. I imagined their plight, then considered my own. The list of traumas that have contributed to my current state, are very similar and in many cases more extreme. Complex PTSD was not originally my personal Dx. I believed that anyone can rationalize and recover once they can understand. However; I realized I am powerless to not feel this way and I must do something. I allowed myself to get backed into a victims corner and got too comfortable. Looking for my way out.......

Not Alone

Three Roses

QuoteI believed that anyone can rationalize and recover once they can understand.

Understanding is a big part of recovery, but trauma can also damage the physical brain. The amygdala is involved before the frontal cortex is "informed" of the stimulus. The brain creates a trauma reaction in our bodies (increased heart rate and breathing, panic, etc) before we are even aware and can think, rationalize or plan a response.

I'm glad you're here. Thanks for posting!

Snowdrop

Hello, Please wait, and welcome!  :heythere: