Strange feelings

Started by Hope67, October 25, 2019, 06:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

I wasn't sure what to call this post, and I've put it in this section - i.e. numbness, derealisation etc, because I think maybe it fits here.  Just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this, and just wanted to share what I've experienced - mainly today, but also yesterday.

I think it's because I've done more with my inner/younger parts, and maybe it might have been slightly more than I could cope with - although I think I'm ok, but what I've noticed is:

Yesterday and today I have experienced some numbness in my left side of my face, and also like a migraine kind of headache, also on the left-hand-side of my head.

I also had a meet up with someone today - and she is a similar age to my M, and she is a little similar in how she looks to my M, but whilst I was talking to her, she almost morphed into looking 'exactly like' my M, which was actually very disconcerting. 

I've also noticed that when I've been walking around and seen men who are a similar age to my F, that they seem to look a lot like him, although that isn't so unusual, as there are quite a few men of a similar age to my F who look like him. 

I also have tinnitus in that side of my head too - the same side that I have got the other experiences. 

Also, I have been a bit freaked out by the fact that there's been some bruises appear on my hand (right hand) which look like pressure points of a thumb or finger print, and I remember that I used to get these when I was between the ages of 17 and 19 years of age - possibly slightly older - and it makes me think of what Tee said in her Journal about bruises happening without physical cause - I think I relate to that in some way, but maybe there's other explanations.

Anyway, it's something I wanted to write about, and so I'm putting it here. 

I'm going to try to stabilise and ground myself this weekend, as I fear I might have tipped myself a bit over my comfort zone.

Hope  :)

Hope67

A day after I wrote this, and I do feel better today - so I wonder if those feelings were just part of an EF, and I'm actually ok.  The bruise is still there of course, but again - maybe I damaged myself in my sleep, without realising.

I am relieved that I feel better today.

Blueberry

I'm glad you feel better Hope. :) :hug:

Three Roses

I once experienced the left side of my face go numb as the result of a somatic flashback. It stayed numb for two or three days or so. The trigger was visual.

It seems reasonable to me that if, as we say, our bodies keep the score, some flashbacks may manifest themselves not only emotionally but also physically.

Hope67

Strange that I should find this post again today - because I've experienced some left-sided experiences again - this time a zig-zag kind of visual aura thing, and a bit of a migraine, and I've also noticed that my sensations are out of kilter - such that I had a bath today and couldn't even feel the heat of the water.  I'm not worrying about this though.  I just think I need to be careful and not overdo things.  I know there are a few things on my mind, and I need to deal with things tomorrow in particular.  A social event that could be stressful, but which I'm hoping to cope with.  I'll be relieved by the end of the day.

Blueberry and Three Roses - you replied to me a long while back, and thank you for your replies!   :hug: :hug:

MoonBeam

Hello Dear Hope.  I hadn't seen this post before, or perhaps I didn't remember, but this happened to me too in early January.  It was the strangest thing. Started with my ear ringing, then dizziness like high BP, then the left side of my face went numb and tingly and numb. I felt really weird and my vision was affected too.  It was a bit scary.
I went to my GP a few days later and she said after running a few tests that she believed it was a migraine. That migraine's can have unusual symptoms and that they can be brought on by stress. I had migraines as a teen, and maybe one or two since (I'm 47 now), so was in a way not surprised that they would come back while processing so much of my earlier years.
I hope you are feeling better. It sounds like you have a good handle on knowing when you are stressed and maybe that is contributing to the symptoms/migraine? I hope the day goes well for you and you find peace and rest at the end of it.  :hug: if that's ok.

Hope67

:hug: to you MoonBeam - I just saw your reply here.  Thank you.