To OOTS or to OOTF?

Started by gentle rain, November 15, 2019, 04:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle rain

I am a registered member at both OOTS and OOTF, and am wondering if utilizing only one site would meet both my needs.

OOTS is more of where I want/need to be, as I am more in CPTSD recovery now than I am in relationship crisis. My main concern is whether I will be able to find boards/topics here at OOTS that are appropriate for my FOG support (e.g. adjusting to recently going NC with adult NPD son). Is there a specific rule about this which I have missed?

Kizzie

No rule Gentlerain, many people go to both sites to meet different needs.  OOTF is great for those of us who are dealing with the behaviour of someone with NPD while OOTS helps with our CPTSD caused by NPD and other types of relational trauma. Basically, it's whatever works best for you  :yes:

Blueberry

You can be a member of and use both sites simultaneously.

You may find answers here to your FOG topics, but there will be far fewer posts here on it because OOTS is a much smaller forum and because the focus here is on personal recovery. Sometimes I go over to OOTF when I can't get adequate response/experience here.

Here at OOTS you may find information https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=11.0 whereas at OOTF there are far more specific threads you can try. Also a lot of useful information and experiences may be hidden in mbrs' Journals here.

I personally find that some mbrs at OOTF can be a bit abrupt sometimes in ways that are triggering to me. Here at OOTS we suggest that if you get triggered at OOTF, you come back here. That's one of the reasons a separate forum was started up for cptsd alone.

So really it's up to you, it's a matter of personal choice.

gentle rain

All pretty much along my way of thinking. Thanks, folks!