New

Started by RBCspikes, October 18, 2019, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBCspikes

Hello. I am here and for once don't feel like I am alone in these thoughts. I am not ready to post what happened in my childhood.....I am struggling writing this. Thank you to everyone who has posted and shared their stories.
I hope one day I will get through this and post my own.
I confide in my husband and he is the greatest person in my life and my 2 babies. But coming here I see and read from everyone that truly understands the inner turmoil that I face everyday. I hope in time I am able to get better.

woodsgnome

It is truly hard to put thoughts about deeply personal and senseless events into meaningful words. It's just too devastating, on top of all the other leftover pain.

Yet here you are; having reached out is an important part of healing. Details don't matter so much, only when and if a person is truly ready and willing to share what seems to need release, but it's incredibly hard sometimes. Having reached out also helps those of us here feel less alone about the daily struggle with events we couldn't control but that still hurt so bad.

We still grieve and the ache seems deep, yet we all wish for better outcomes, somehow, some way -- so here we are. Feel free to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable about as you go about finding healing and recovery.  :hug:

MoonBeam

Hi RBCspikes and welcome. I haven't told my story either, just a few short references. I have found an amazing amount of compassion and understanding here and can't say enough to describe how much the members of this board have supported me in walking through life with cptsd. How much their support and shares have helped me.

It's a huge boon to have someone who understands in the real world, who you can confide in. Your husband sounds like an amazing resource and I'm so glad you have him. OOTS is a place where we all get it and we don't have to be alone anymore in our struggles to live a meaningful life after experiencing great harm. An amazing resource to add to our support system.

It takes great bravery to post and introduce yourself, to admit our struggles, and here you are. Share what feels safe and I hope you find connection and understanding on your journey to wellness here.

:hug:

Snowdrop

Hello RBCspikes, and welcome. :wave:

Blueberry

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum RBCspikes!  :heythere:

You don't have to post your story now or any other time. When you feel you want to, you might write a little bit here and there. That's how lots of us start out.

As others have written, there's a lot of compassion and understanding on here. I hope that helps you in your daily struggles.

RBCspikes

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.  :)

Three Roses

A little late to the party but a hearty welcome to you!
:heythere:

Not Alone