Family cares about each other, but not me. No matter what. TW

Started by ShadowsOfLuna, October 30, 2019, 04:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowsOfLuna

Well yesterday after trying to tell my cousin how alone I feel and how scared and how hurt that I am always left out. I came out about my eating disorder to someone who boasts how supportive she is, and essentially she made sure I knew I had no reason to keep trying with them. My feelings went unacknowledged but they did make sure that I wouldn't reach out again. They are always bragging about my other cousin's remarkable fight and recovery from her ED. And they dont care that Ive almost died from my own a few times.

So that takes the few family I have left and cuts them in half.

Then therapy canceled for the week because of the snowstorm we're getting. Oh but I still need to work. And if Im not pushing myself to go to work, the isolation becomes to much.

People are confusing and it really feels like I cannot win. :'(

Kizzie

I am so sorry  to hear this Shadow.  I hope you will continue to talk about this and reach out to us for support. We know that awful feeling of loss/abandonment/betrayal you're facing right now and we care and understand  :grouphug:

Jazzy

That's a really terrible thing, to be abandoned like that when you reach out to someone who is supposed to be on your side. Sorry you had to experience this. I hope you recover from this without too much further pain.

On the positive side, it was a really brave thing to do, even if it didn't have the results you wanted. So, congratulations on that achievement! Hopefully that thought will help you get through the week.

Take care! :)

Three Roses

Yes, I agree with Jazzy. You were brave to speak up, and it is a reflection on her, not you, that your pain and struggles were invalidated and minimized.

I'm sorry that it did not end as you had hoped; however, you are still brave to have come forward, and I hope that you find the strength and support you are looking for. (Maybe, here?) All the best to you -  :hug: