Gentle ideas for celebrating?

Started by Sasha, November 09, 2019, 12:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Hi all,

I have had some very good news as I have accepted a new job that I am very excited about. It comes during a difficut patch... I am amazed that I attended the interview! And then to get the job... well, I feel chuffed.

I also feel vulnerable, as the tricky time and symptoms are still very real.

Do people have ideas of how I could celebrate that are safe, stable, secure, peaceful, caring, gentle and restorative?

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts!

Thank you,
Sasha

:fireworks:

Three Roses

Things I've done to celebrate - treating myself to a new outfit, blouse, shoes, or item of jewelry - taking a friend to lunch - taking a drive to a pretty location and enjoying the view - taking a trip to stay overnight with a friend - or even just grabbing a favorite blanket and popping some popcorn and watching a tv show or movie.

Kizzie

Congrats Sasha, that's wonderful news!  Whatever you see as a treat would be good to celebrate - have fun!

Jazzy

Congratulations; I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I think we all have our own way of celebrating, and maybe it even depends on how we're doing at the time. Something that makes us feel good, and doesn't upset us. Maybe you could go shopping in preparation for the new job? I always tried to get some things to personalize my work area a bit. I also think a favourite movie is a great idea. Take care! :)

Perplex

When I want to gently celebrate, I try to make my own comfortable living space as calm as possible. Choose your favourite and safest room in the house, light a scented candle, have your favourite kind of tea, and I generally try to do something that is more hands on - like puzzles in a book, or reading a magazine.
Congratulations though!