Feeling annoyed

Started by Eyessoblue, November 08, 2019, 04:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Glad to hear the EMDR went well ESB  :thumbup: 

Perplex

Quote from: Eyessoblue on November 22, 2019, 09:27:35 PM
Thank you everyone. I had my first session of emdr with her yesterday. We used buzzers this time, I've not used those before. I found them good as was able to close my eyes too and really concentrate which was helpful for me. I went back to a time at Nursery School when I was going through a lot of abuse and looked at my behaviour then, we worked on me not being a child still and the person I had become. ( I feel very much as if I'm still stuck in that child's body and never moved away from that). I found the session helpful and has made me think and re consider some of my feelings so all went well. Thank you all for listening.
That's great to hear! :) I'm not only happy with your own successes but you also give me hope.

Eyessoblue

So after having a successful emdr session with the therapist, she then decided she didn't want to do emdr with me anymore and would just do Cbt!!!! Aghhhh after all I told her that I just wanted to pay her for emdr. This is the one thing that gives me the results I need. Cbt doesn't work- ..... so consequently I have told her I won't be returning and her reply was ok I hope you find someone else who can help you.  A decent Therapist is so hard to find. I'm going to wait until after Xmas and then look again and choose carefully!

Not Alone

Sounds frustrating and disappointing.