Overeating

Started by Sasha, November 09, 2019, 06:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

I got to a better place with food and lost weight in the last year. Felt really good.

Things have been hard recently and I am eating so much. I don't like feeling so out of control. It is clearly an attempt to feel in control, to put something into me that I know will taste a certain way. "Food never lets me down". There's a whole heap of stuff.

But it is letting me down. It's not making me feel better. It is a fallacy. And I feel bloated and have put on about 1.5 stone, undoing my hard work.

I just want to feel better  :fallingbricks:

Three Roses

Jazzy

Sorry you're having a rough time, but you have made a good realization here. Maybe, is there something else you could do to help you feel more in control, instead of eating? Something that would help you feel better, and be good for you? All the best; take care! :)

Sasha

Quote from: Three Roses on November 09, 2019, 07:25:30 PM
Standing with you!  :yes:

Thank you!

Quote from: Jazzy on November 10, 2019, 12:21:32 AM
Sorry you're having a rough time, but you have made a good realization here. Maybe, is there something else you could do to help you feel more in control, instead of eating? Something that would help you feel better, and be good for you? All the best; take care! :)

I agree, it is a helpful realisation. Thank you for your comment and support.

Cutting carbs feels like the best way to enjoy eating (everything else) and avoid a food group that seems to trigger comfort eating. Carbs are supposed to have antidepressant, or sedative types effects, and I have been additives to high carb foods in my life. I will keep trying to do this as much as possible. This is how I lost weight, and still continued to eat in a way that felt joyful. Carbs don't feel joyful anymore. When I'm eating them I feel myself feeling worried as they make me bloat and lead to more and more cravings.

Water and herb tea are things that I can consume more, and herb tea is a good one to get into because the process of making a cuppa is quite soothing for me.

Writing helps, on here and elsewhere, and making packed lunches would also help. I think I need to make a rule of no buying food on the go, and starting to carry nuts and healthy bits with me!